Base Building Issues

I don’t know if you guys are still playing the game or not, but hey, two years later and that is still a game breaking bug, the scientists quests don’t even come up in my log anymore and I don’t know how to craft poly fiber and I’m stuck​:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hello @DefyingProto. Welcome to the forum.
I moved your post to the current Beyond threads.
Yes, we are still playing NMS and yes, some of the old bugs still persist.
Perhaps someone here can help you work through some of the Base Building issues.

3 Likes

All the manufactured goods recipes/blueprints (including Poly Fibre) are available from manufacturing centres. It’s not necessary to complete any of the base building quests.

The procedure is fairly complicated, so I won’t bore you with the details unless you need them. If you need more information, let me know. :grinning:

3 Likes

If I understand your quandry correctly, the base building quests tend to shunt back and forth between the various base NPCs, rather than moving linearly through each NPCs quests.

Check and see if you have an unfinished mission (or series of missions) for the others, finish those as far as they will take you and check on the Scientist frequently to see if they have further missions for you.

The Scientist gives the following blueprints in order:

But you will get stalled/confused by the mission-switching.

Hope this helps.

And welcome to the best NMS forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The Nexus provides!

If you wait by the Nexus with the mission window open you will see that every 15 minutes the set of missions and their rewards change,

Factory Override Units are one of the rewards offered, along with many other items.

That way you can do what @Polyphemus suggested even more easily (if you don’t mind waiting for a few mission shiftings) Each Override gives you an extra choice of recipe/blueprint from the manufacturing centre.

3 Likes