Atlas Passes?

Wait I’m lost did something happen?I

1 Like

Nope. Just more speculating.

1 Like

Good for a second there I felt completely lost. Hopefully something does happen before Christmas or maybe into the new year I cannot any longer for this update/ the passes.

2 Likes

Yeah I think something will happen in the first few weeks after the holidays. With all of the bug fixes/patches that occur following an update, I just can’t see them dropping anything before the New Year.

It would be cool if the passes came before Xmas and maybe a start of the ARG.

1 Like

When it happens, they will have to post 10,000 Atlas passes, to people all over the world. With the strain on mail systems at this time of year, particularly international mail, to try it in the run up to Christmas would be extremely bad planning. Not that Hello Games have been noted for good planning in the past, but I think they’ve learned.

I wouldn’t even start to anticipate anything before February/March, when there might be a small update (1.39) My heart wishes for an early release, but my head says the second phase of the ARG will start in June, with 1.4 dropping in August.

They’re a small team, and they were still looking for development staff as late as 22 September. It all takes time.

1 Like

Yeah, good point about holiday shipping, I didn’t even think about that. I do think the days of update cycles every 3 months are a thing of the past. And I’m totally cool with that. I imagine they had a very structured timeline after launch to be where they wanted, one year later.

1 Like

Yeah, PC could get the support easily as system architecture is open ended, but if getting a NMS VR on PS4 means reducing draw distance, object physics, self casting shadows etc etc, then don’t bother :stuck_out_tongue: I had a go of it the other night using PSVR’s “cinema screen” mode, and that was actually quite breath taking just by itself as my mind was fooled into thinking I had a screen bigger than the entirety of my bedroom wall XD

3 Likes

VR for NMS would be pretty awesome, but the hardware (especially the ps4) just isn’t ready. Maybe if Sony releases a ps4 pro++ mkII with turbo, we can start dreaming about exploring with cyber goggles!

3 Likes

Ready Explorer One

2 Likes

No man’s sky in Vr i don’t think would be that amazing

1 Like

I don’t think the passes will come with 1.4 or any time soon perhaps maybe next summer

2 Likes

A logical assumption

2 Likes

okay so since I posted my last reply on this topic things have changed and we might be getting them a lot sooner then I thought

4 Likes

I’d say we’ll get them Joon :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Haha Yeah I had to come back and heart your comment, I love how we all keep ourselves and expectations in check with this game :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That seems to be the case and they are beautiful. Canadians are already starting to get theirs.
I’m in Australia so it will be a while yet.

1 Like

I ended up getting mine and I was over the moon. I do not know how many were received, but I know the highest number found was like 6000 and something. I wonder how many got lost in the post?

2 Likes