Are Boundry Failures completely gone?

No…uncharted and abandoned systems are safe…nothing spawns there…they have no threat level because no other living being is there…no pirate attacks, or freighter fleets that I ever saw in them…and no buildings on the planets.

Maybe soon we’ll get the opportunity to repair/build our own stations😃

Not in normal mode, maybe.

I haven’t really explored much in uncharted and abandoned systems yet and unless you run out of pulse drive fuel there’s no real reason to hang around in space really…you won’t be saving or checking out freighters…even if you’re due to see a mega-freighter they don’t spawn there. So no frigates or anything interesting in space there either.

But if there are pirates there then it’s a nice change to be left alone to deal with them without useless NPC ships that do no damage and dive in my line of fire only to bring the sentinels down on me when they take a glancing hit. The game REALLY needs to have that BS ironed out…implement some rules like if you drive a friendly NPC ship bellow 25% health then it and its buddies turn hostile, and if you kill a friendly NPC ship then bring the sentinels…but this BS about about them literally diving into your fire and then you instantly become the public enemy even though they sustained minimal damage has to flipping stop. It wouldn’t be as bad if they helped by doing any kind of damage but they don’t…they’re completely useless.

1 Like

Except to reach that far out planet that’s one and a half minutes distant…

There are in survival mode, I know that for sure. Maybe not in all of them, I’ve only been to one so far. I agree with everything about the useless NPCs, by the way. Now that planets are great, maybe HG gets around to give space some love… :slight_smile:

Go to 1.35mins

They are still around.

1 Like

I was only talking about this last night. Would be great if we could claim an abandoned station as a base on a first come first claimed basis and then you can build a safe haven within an infected space station.

Another nice thought was, through great effort of unit gathering and resource collecting, you could open a space station in an uncharted system and make it habitable, and it would introduce a building seed to the system placing outposts, trade posts etc in the terrain.

Just nice new ways for us to leave our mark on the universe outside of naming and uploading things. I do recall in early development that space stations were destroyable although hard to pull off, and a destroyed space station would stay gone for good, for all players. I guess it was a practice opening up a painful measure of griefing so it never made the cut.

1 Like

I would rather suspect they didn’t have the time to implement it and put it a long way back into the backlog, because most of the infrastructure even enabling such a mechanic was nowhere around at launch. In general, while NEXT has pushed the core gameplay and planets to (and above) the level anticipated by many at launch, space is still a bit of another matter. The dark void really needs some love, currently it’s just a separation of locations without much gameplay in it.

1 Like

The gameplay is being in space!

1 Like

I thought that some of these uncharted, unusual planets would make good vacation spots so I put bases comprised of just a round room with a teleporter there and named them appropriately thinking that they’d be easy to fine in the teleporter list. Nope - while it shows that there are bases, the base names don’t show up instead it looks like the system names do.

1 Like

I’ve learned that in order for the name you’ve chosen for the base to appear correctly in the list, you must revisit the base after naming it, then it will display your custom base name in the warp list. It’s like it only records it properly in the list when you first warp there.

It’s funny, I encountered this issue doing the exact same thing as yourself, building simple outposts in uncharted systems for wayward travellers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Incredible. And totally accurate! Thank you!

1 Like

Speaking of names…I just noticed that my main ship has lost its custom name I gave it at some point…no idea when or how but if I had to guess it was caused by me calling it at various beacons when I was mostly exploring by foot for the technology bits that the blueprint analyzer needed…I’ll have to test it further when I get the chance.

2 Likes

This reminds me, I’m so used to being in systems I’ve discovered and seeing my gamertag displayed in my ships cockpit that I still momentarily panic when I see a different person’s name and I think I’ve glitched my save :joy: I keep forgetting thats not there to remind me of who I am :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

My freighter drops its name to ‘(null)’ periodically.
Occasionally my summoned ships get my frigates names and refuse to summon. A new location solves this.

1 Like

This made me want to check mine…and sure enough the name was “(null)”

3 Likes

Yep me too. It seems this patch did something to our names. I’ll have to rename my other ships too I guess. Also just like you two my freighter was named null, I wonder why they did that.

1 Like

I don’t think they did that intentionally…probably some kind of bug.

1 Like