Are Boundry Failures completely gone?

So I’ve been to a few exotic worlds now and nothing…I couldn’t see a single one anywhere.

And if the boundary failures are gone then what of their lore entries from Telamon? Are these worlds just completely dead now apart from exotic rocks and trees?

For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, here: Boundary Failure - No Man's Sky Wiki

2 Likes

So its not just me. Why would they remove them?

2 Likes

Last one that I saw was on July 19, 2018. It was on a hexagon planet.

1 Like

That was before NEXT and its universe reset.

1 Like

Yes, there are still Boundary Failure buildings, HOWEVER, bear in mind that if it is an uninhabited system (no space station) there will be no buildings on any planets, including exotic planets. Since there is a higher likelihood of exotic planets existing in uninhabited star systems, it is likely you’ve been looking on these ones.

I can confirm that I was able to find a Boundary Failure building (giant ring thing) on an exotic planet, but it was an inhabited system (had a space station).

4 Likes

Oh, strange. I figured the boundary failures were not made by any species, and actually would make more sense in an uncharted system. But I guess programming wise it was easier to make sure no planet in a system has any structures.

2 Likes

Yes, that would make sense in the lore of the game, but I think it’s the way they designed the procedural generation that caused this (no buildings generating in uninhabited systems).

2 Likes

Found a Doomed planet. Anything you need to know before I leave the system?

6 Likes

Now that I think about it pre next I made my own little headcanon that the hexagon planets were the result of the korvac doing something because I tended to find them in korvac systems.

I take it they don’t do anything differently now?

Well the exotic planets I saw were in populated systems because I never not go to unpopulated systems since I’m still senselessly looking for the efficient thrusters blueprint…maybe they’re just scarcer now or may they aren’t on all exotic planets even in populated systems. But it is good to know that they are still in the game.

2 Likes

Same as always, and I suspect they may be experiencing the same bug as Abandoned Buildings and graves that just keep playing the first lore entry over and over.

2 Likes

Same… I’ve been scouring inhabited systems for exotic planets, but I guess I just have a lot of bad luck when it comes to rare things.

Best wishes for finding that darn thruster blueprint. :wink:

1 Like

I came across one and interacted. Planet of frenzied sentinels so I didn’t hang around to see if there were more.

That space stations are gone from some systems can be disconcerting.

2 Likes

No space station is fine, it just means you truly are the first space fairing being to be there. What I need to find is an abandoned space station.

1 Like

When scanning the galaxy map if you see a system that has a species and an economy but no threat level information at all…that’s an abandoned system and you’ll find a ruined space station…the economy reading for it is usually something terrible too like destitute or failing or something along those lines.

You’ll need the economy and threat scanners installed in your ship first.

1 Like

In answer to the topic/OP.

In my limited travels since NEXT I’ve seen a number of strange, exotic worlds but only one had the Boundary Failure ring structures.
Rarer now but not gone.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!!! I never installed the conflict scanner because I never really cared about threat level. I knew there had to be a trick to it like finding uncharted systems. I tried a couple with bad economies so good to know I was on the right track! I was going to build on my floating island, but I may just build enough to come back and leave immediately to find abandoned system!

1 Like

I wanted to make a new post just to make sure you saw this, but it worked! I found a gek system near my home base, GreenStar class, one planet, and it was abandoned and it was amazing! I’ll post pictures later but I’ll put them in a spoiler tag so anyone who doesn’t want to see it until they find one themselves doesn’t have to.

1 Like

Except for all the pirates, of course! :smile:

1 Like