Anniversary Update Speculation(with spoilers)

Unless… the major update comes out before july and the rule applies to major updates… Hmmm…

2 Likes

Those leak claims are really just whats been getting asked for the longest without being addressed. It reads like it was made by someone who reads a lot of speculation/wish threads. lol.
That said, Id be surprised if it was too far off of the mark.

3 Likes

If you havent seen ecperimental branch already, some new stuff is being beta tested. Multiplayer related content, specifically cross-play. But that got me thinking:
With crossplay… there comes a very large influx of players… thus a need to refine muliplayer better with the features such as the ability to ban players and add friends. They are also adding “speach to text” and tramslation services. This seems to imply that HG is expecting players to come together from various countries that speak various languages. Also, we had orbs for players once. That changed to actual players. Then that changed to more players per gaming session. Now backend work is going on with the game servers.

This MIGHT mean that we MIGHT get more players playing together in a single session. If so, this could mean potentialy a new player hub(or atleast an upgrade) to accommodate the influx of players. Also, more reason to have better weekend missions as there is no point in upgrading multiplayer to reach a bigger audience if there is little to do together.

Additionally, will the universe get reset? The other console players live in a universe that I believe doesn’t perfectly overlap the others. This might require a reset.(unless they take advantage of other dimensions and we would have to get to a new dimention to get to a whole new universe with everyone in it!)

5 Likes

screenshots

Summary

5 Likes

This popped up on my feed today. I wasnt aware that there were issues with the proc gen formula at launch that may have restricted it. Apparently the 20 yr patent has expired. Not sure what this means for nms going forward, interesting all the same

4 Likes

I seen that. It was very interesting that the patent expired recently. I believe it was the same one they were having issues with.(correct me if im wrong)

2 Likes

They always claimed they weren’t using that. Inspired by it and it’s ideas, yes.

Might be second hand info I’m remembering. And my memory is wonky.

4 Likes

I remember that too. They said something that they didnt use their superformula. But perhaps maybe some other legal issue was still present? Youd be surprised how a technicality can completely derail things. Sadly. Either way, we’ll see soon enough what the future holds.

3 Likes

This was the article

4 Likes

For those unaware, the experimental update has been datamined and story content was found. Its a whole lot of spoilers but very interesting.

3 Likes

Link? I don’t mind spoilers

2 Likes

Just tell me how to access the new lore, what is the trigger, hide the data mined info.
Or is this the new weekend mission story?

1 Like

Im not sure if there is a trigger but a few streamers found the story dialog in the files and ddnt want to spoil it for others. I, too, want the spoilers. Lol. One person said “github” but i didn’t check as I have no idea what github even is. Lol. Post the story content here if anyone finds it. I want to know.

3 Likes

I believe this is weekend mission story. So I would rather not see it. :laughing:

2 Likes

Okay. For anyone who decides to post it here, be sure to blur it as spoilers. Lol.

Also, according to dataminers the following was found, I seen these via screenshots:

SPOILERS

BLUR SPOILERS ISNT WORKING

ofcourse I cant get blurring to work :upside_down_face:

Okay there. An alternative. Sorry if anyone got spoiled on accident!

Summary

[spoiler]a sort of “hanger” structure, new flora and fauna types, new biomes, a dropship, a “bridge”(a ship bridge, not a bridge to cross over things), lightning, some stuff related to E3 biomes such as color pallets and items, and much much more. Take this with a grain of salt cause it may or may not be coming to the game on the update buuuuut, if it does…

Expanded multiplayer
A huge amount of players
Drop ships(likely to fly with friends)
A big robot
Command bridges
New biomes and structures

Sounds alot like there is going to be some more action AND variety added[/spoiler]

4 Likes

Apparently, Xbox ppl are already playing with steam players or perhaps they are Windows players? I could not get an answer from anyone…bummer
Pics coming later

2 Likes

Just woke up and getting through social media, other communities, and YouTube. So far I am not amazed at all the info coming out of the woodwork.

Most obvious of course is the crossplay, which can not be denied, although it remains to be seen if this includes all platforms. What the consequences will be is pure speculation, as this doesn’t necessarily mean universe reset at all.

Pretty much everything else I have seen talked about, has already been in the source files and is actually nothing new. Don’t spread info you have no clue about just because it looks unfamiliar to you, geezzz!

• Haulers in the game are called ‘DROPSHIPS’, nothing new!
  • A big robot? Which one? The new model we just got … or the old one perhaps?
  • New fauna? Really? Pretty much all the filenames shown have been in there for a long time, nothing new! (TOUCAN/RAT/ALIGATOR/TRIHEAD)
  • Same with the supposedly new flora … sigh!
  • Improved Atmospherics, based on seeing some interesting file names, that have been around.
  • Command bridges? Just because someone finds a folder named BRIDGE, doesn’t mean this is something new. In the source this either references the bridge model for the various NPC freighters, or the bridge of our own freighters, nothing new!
  • SUPERZOOBIOME folder??? Ah yes, one of those OLD test scenes, that sounds cool enough to bring up again.
  • OG Colour Palettes are indeed OG, because the ‘legacycolourpalettes’ have been in the source for ages.
  • New Procgen/Terrain, because the folder name sounds interesting and new? Guess what … nothing new!
  • New building types, because you never heard of ‘gantry’ before, nor bothered to check? Once again …
  • Fruit effects, oldschool crystals, none if that is new at all!
  • Trees from the testing files, once more, nothing new!
  • Oh but wait, STARGATE sounds cool, but guess what, yup!
  • Biomes … guess again, the full list has not changed at all!
  • New Shop items? The HERO/SPECIAL images that have been around for some time?

Think of it what you want, but anyone can just randomly browse through the source files, pick a few and call it a great discovery. Certainly well fit for another YouTube video or to generate hype. Take with a grain of salt, lots!

Not to say there have not been any changes, or performance improvements, but as for actual new content or something worth discussing, I’ll stick to what I know.

Note: Have yet to find the source for supposed new story content. We’ll obviously be getting a lot, but if there is anything already present remains to be seen.

10 Likes

Interesting! Thank you for the clarification! I don’t have a PC but i do crawl around the internet alot so its the first I’ve heard of it. But im glad you clarified as I don’t like having bad info!

4 Likes

Heh, funny timing, I just made a post on THTDI’s YouTube video today that was hyping this stuff.

4 Likes

Yeah, I confess being guilty to having watched that video and I regret it.

4 Likes