Anniversary Update Speculation(with spoilers)

Exciting stuff seems to be happening. Fans are getting messaged by HG? HG really loves their community.

Edit: Oh! Somehow I missed the first tweet about sandworms. Ohboy, he should not have mentioned it if he isn’t going to deliver it. Unless… no… it can’t be… could it?

4 Likes

Might just be really little worms :bug: in our planters :laughing:

4 Likes

… or recognition that No Man’s Sky has wormed it’s way into our hearts! :wink:

4 Likes

It could also just be him being excted about the Dune trailer. I mean, it’s a Dune trailer! That kinda thing doesn’t happen very often!

4 Likes

Whatever it means, here is today’s tweet
An in-character xenobiolgist’s sketchbook/journal via u/Fluffysminion

:heart_eyes: https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1303974380293304320/photo/1

I recently asked someone on Twitter if we might get an area that rotates with our screenshots. The reply was, if so, hopefully it would rotate out better than the featured bases on the terminus…anyway, there is some speculation along these lines out there right now.

8 Likes

It IS an impressive looking take on the Dune story…& I did enjoy the Pink Floyd cover score.
Fingers crossed its as epic as it should be.

4 Likes

That’s some seriously nice notebooking.

4 Likes

8 Likes

That looks pretty good for being that small. Nice details.

1 Like

Well, They have to measure up to Toto somehow. Say about Lynch’s dune what you want, that Soundtrack is hard to beat…
I do hope the soundtrack takes that general rock-remix feel in the movie, not just in the trailer. We have way too few movies with strong riffs!

4 Likes

Reminds me of this image from the original NMS trailer…
At first glance it looks like corals until you notice the Knowledge Stone & details on the tree. Really nice work!

2 Likes

I think it is the speckles on the countertop…looks like bubbles. Someone on twitter suggested adding sea monkeys. :smile:

2 Likes

Thinking about the speculated photo area, I can see that happening. Perhaps on space stations rather than the nexus? One area can can have them posted up like a sort of art meusem of that system your in. Anyone visiting can check that spot out for cool places to visit. Sort of like a billboard right at the entrance of a park trail.

Building up on that, a Meusem in-game would be actually really cool! Imagine one Meusem could be placed every like 10,000LY and that meusem can have photos that people took within a 10,000LY radius and also have scanned plants and fauna there and maybe even bits of ruins behind glass with lore attatched to them when interacted with. That would give us all a more enjoyable reason to take photos and scan things. As well as points of interest in the galaxy that would give us more reason to travel.

Okay I gotta stop, this is the speculation thread, not the wishlist. Lol.

2 Likes

Yes, that trailer gave me hope that we may get a good Dune movie. It’s by Warner Bros so I hope they beat out Disney’s gutting of Star Wars. That would be poetic justice, since Dune inspired the original Star Wars movies.

3 Likes

Desert planets as planet type, ie replace water with a “sand substance” and like diplos have a condition for "sand worms " to spawn in certain biomes/conditions.

And world of glass… behind glass, view only, is it the finale? A monument to pay homage to all players, creations, and highlights in NMS over the years…

3 Likes

IMG_20200911_055456

Hmmm, so maybe not all of these, but most of these are Blender builds. It makes me wonder. SM is surely aware of the limitations in-game and how painful it is to glitch build. An overhaul of the building mechanics would.be very nice.

7 Likes

Likely no connection but just in case, Sony doing an event on the… 16th…

1 Like

SM has been cloned

5 Likes

They should have added “not that one!” in brackets or something :rofl:

The thing is, if you read the article, you realise that it’s not a typo… It is the author’s name.

2 Likes

I was watching a live steam talk about that article yesterday and that live chat was was like, “check the name!” I think many of us had a good laugh when the streamer and his guest finally saw it.

2 Likes