If only they came with a “larger exclusion zone around POI and themselves.”
We need filters at this point
My first visit to the last expedition rendezvous was so nice. All the messages were so nice and thoughtful. Then I needed a portal for my Living Ship quest, so I returned…
- Fixed an issue that could lead to too many derelict freighters spawning in busy systems, leading to crashes and/or poor performance.
- Fixed a number of issues where Nexus missions would warp players to an incorrect system.
- Fixed an issue that could cause reported bases to respawn.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mission Control milestone to award invalid technology.
So anyone else in 3xperimental? I just got this patch and jumped into a community mission (stranded traveller) and as I was mining for the needed parts, the planet suddenly vanished from beneath my feet
I let myself drop into that starry expanse, thinking the end was near
Then, suddenly, I was back on solid ground
but not all was as it should be
and when I landed on the Anomaly to turn in my mission, the stuttering was so bad I almost quit before getting to the Nexus.
The planet may not have vanished, even though it looked like it. I think you fell through the surface, which is only visible from outside. You then fall for a bit, then get teleported back to surface by the game. Not sure about the stuttering though.
I have been having a very difficult time landing. That started a couple of patches back.
I restarted and all seems right again but did not make it back onto the anomaly. My mom is having shortness of breath and high blood pressure…now sitting in the ER parking lot.
So sorry to hear about your Mom
Do you mean the message “landing sequence unavailable” ?
Because I’m finding that extremely tiresome.
Yes that is the message…very, very tiring.
Thanks @Clemm . She is back home. They said heart, blood work look fine. Likely her BP meds just did not work. 199/100… They do not think it is related to the vaccine
I find coming in slowly and circling (sort of like you would in real life: instead of just trying to plonk down the moment you arrive) helps give the terrain a chance to render & thus avoids most landing difficulties.
That often helps, but there were occasions where I just had to blast off back to space and make a new approach…
I think you’ve identified the reason for the problem. Some time ago, there was an issue where you’d land your ship, get out, and fall through the ground. This was because when you entered a new area, the game sometimes didn’t have time to generate the ground collision boundaries.
So Hello Games introduce a fix, in the form of a routine that checks whether the collision under you actually exists, and, if it doesn’t, it won’t let you land.
Now I know that in a procedurally generated world, predicting where the collision ought to be is very difficult. What I suspect is that the prediction routine is mathematically very expensive - and if the game is already struggling to draw the collision boundaries, adding even more complicated maths can cause a loop. The game can’t draw the collision, because the prediction routine is taking too many resources, so the prediction routine reports the collision as absent, and runs again. Meanwhile, the game can’t complete the collisions, because the prediction routine is hogging the resources.
note - there’s a certain amount of speculation in that last paragraph. But I think it’s close to the truth.
Well, I am also having problems landing at landing pads. If there is only 1, no problem. But if there is more than one, I have to circle several times to get one to turn green. Once that happens, it sometimes will still not register that I am landing. And they are not too busy with other ships.
Back when this was an issue, (Atlas Rises era), I actually would sit in my ship & wait for everything outside to render in before exiting, particularly on terrain with grass with water nearby. Worked most of the time so I rarely fell through anymore, after I worked that out. I’m pretty sure I shared my ‘findings’ here back in the day.
My only solution with landing pads not permitting the automatic landing cycle, is to fly away a short distance & then double back. Doesn’t need to be far. Again it’s a render thing, (I think) so I only go the distance where objects/trees etc. ‘pop in’. I guess it’s only about 200U or so. Seems to reset the area or something. On PS4 anyway.
If I don’t & persist on mashing the ‘land’ button, I usually end up landing in a random spot on the Trading Post, (not on the actual landing pads) & the structure then often takes a good 5-10 seconds to appear.
For the people affected by this lack of physical presence of the ground, out of curiosity whether your answers will be the same: what do you think is your PC’s bottleneck, RAM, CPU, GPU?
so many patches…things like this happen when there are a slew of patches after an bigger update. Once HG feels they have the major kinks worked out, they will issue another patch and that generally fixes issues like this. I say this because I have had this exact issue before and then out comes a patch and suddenly, everything looks nice and runs smoothly once again.
I am not a programmer but I suspect this has to do with consoles. An update looks and runs great on my PC but console players have issues. Out comes a patch and things go downhill on my PC. Graphics, performance all tanks. Eventually though, they come to a happy balance and all is good again.
Yep. Slow and circle, widening the circle as needed. Works most of the time for me
- Fixed a minor text issue in the Overseer mission log.
- Improved the visibility of player markers when those players are in your fireteam and on the same planet.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect text labels on Communications Stations.
- Fixed an issue that caused repair missions to automatically complete when the player left the repair site without performing the required maintenance.
- Fixed a PS5-specific crash in the profanity filter.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when receiving an item from another player.
- Improved the display of text when interacting with Communications Stations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Communications Stations from being reported.
- Fixed a crash related to creature navigation.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when pulsing towards a marker.
- Fixed a crash in the Nexus teleporter UI.
- Fixed a number of crashes related to the network syncing of interactions.
- Fixed a rare crash related to docking.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite load.
- Fixed a memory related crash seen on Xbox One S.
- Fixed an issue that caused the ship summoning checks to be performed against the current ship, rather than the ship that is being summoned.
- Reduced the number of Communications Stations downloaded at protected locations.
- Fixed a memory leak related to derelict freighters.
- Fixed a crash related to camera behaviours.
- Fixed an issue that could cause camera shake to persist after summoning a ship.