Been playing most of the morning. Thought I finally discovered a system before anyone else…but,alas,it looks like I was likely just out of sync… I am sure it will belong to someone else once I go back in.
My approach for the First Contact step was to upgrade my ship to about 1000 LY range and then open the galactic map and go out 1000 LY in the opposite direction than the default direction when the map is opened. Found an undiscovered system on the first try, but that may have been at least partly just luck.
Yep. A random million mile jump is what you need to clear the crowds. Just take note of how to get back
Kept the claim on the planets but lost the claim on the system
And the latest 3xp patch caused a planetary shift. I am camped at an ancient ruin and the whole thing sank into the ground. My base is ok though
Yet another Steam update today. 1.9 gigabytes this time.
There must be very little of the original code left.
Experimental Branch 03/04
- Fixed a network issue that could cause connection instability with the Discovery Server.
- Fixed a PlayStation 5 specific HDR issue.
- Fixed a visual glitch in the starship cockpit map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the glow on the star representing the final phase of the Expedition to be overly orange.
- Fixed a number of UI issues that could occur when every milestone in an Expedition was complete.
- Fixed an issue that required players to gain an S-Class Multi-Tool to unlock the ‘Light Show’ milestone, instead of an A-Class Multi-Tool.
- Fixed an issue that caused Explorer-class starships to change appearance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the music to be clipped at the start of an expedition.
- Fixed an issue that caused Power Inverter switches to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the glowing grass found on some lush planets from glowing.
- Fixed a rare PS5 specific crash that could occur during load.
- Fixed a terrain generation crash on next-generation consoles.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when loading the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused a specific Multi-Tool broken slot to require an inordinate number of Ion Batteries to repair.
- Fixed a softlock that could occur when interacting with an NPC on the space station.
- Fixed a crash related to creature navigation.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes on Xbox One X.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while interacting with an NPC that had been network desynced.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the reward for Phase 5 of the expedition being claimed when completing the expedition a second time on a new save.
- Fixed a multiplayer-related crash in the animation system.
- Fixed a PC-specific issue that could cause hitching while loading shaders.
- Fixed a crash related to network synchronisation of starships.
GOG update v3.34_Expeditions_71106 downloading. Still wondering when GOG players will have access to the Drop content. I can watch twitch and earn them but can’t claim them. All the while rooting for GOG’s programmers.
Another small update
- Rendevzous Points are now labelled as such when viewed in the space station and Space Anomaly teleport lists.
- Fixed an issue that could prevented all alien language being translated in some interactions.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some standing-based titles from unlocking.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Atlas Path title from unlocking.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Nada and Polo story title from unlocking.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly show jetpack trails for items that had not been unlocked.
- Restored Expedition save games that had previously been ended prematurely.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cluster Horde and Moneybags milestones to track your current highest currency, rather than the total currency earned.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Portable Refiner and Nutrient Processors to use the wrong in-world icon.
- Reduced the pulse engine lock-on strength for some multiplayer-related markers.
- Decreased the cooldown on the starship scanner when used to scan planets from space.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause flickering markers when flying in a busy system.
- Fixed an issue that caused too many save beacon/player base markers to be displayed in busy systems.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to reselect the custom jetpack trails their Traveller had begun an expedition with.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Horrific Flesh Helmet and another special scrap items from being successfully purchased.
- Optimised several requests made to the Discovery Servers to reduce server load.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Catalogue to be clipped when viewed on particular platforms or at some specific resolutions.
- Fixed a number of issues that allowed players to pin inappropriate recipes in the catalogue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented delivery missions from registering the delivery as complete.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from being correctly awarded the Lost Bathysphere as a reward for completing Dreams of the Deep.
- Fixed a number of issues with Nexus delivery missions.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to attack other players with Exocraft weapons while themselves being immune to PvP damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Summon Ship interaction point to overlap on some planetary archives.
- Fixed an issue that caused a small subset of Explorer-class starships to be a different colour than before the Expeditions update.
- Fixed a crash related to texture rendering.
- Fixed an issue that caused the alien pods on derelict freighters to be overly bright.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be teleported to an incorrect derelict freighter, if several freighters were present in the same system.
- Fixed a number of issues that could prevent players from being able to place refiners and other similar objects near to protected seasonal locations.
- Improved a number of protections designed to prevent players from building on top of protected areas.
- Players may now recolour their base markers by recolouring the base computer itself, in a similar fashion to Save Beacons.
- Fixed an issue that credited all players in the system with the rewards and/or reputation damage when another player attacked a NPC or pirate ship.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players being immediately awarded the Golden First Spawn helmet, Streamlined Jetpack or Expedition Flag when claiming rewards from the expedition page.
- Fixed a crash related to NPC animation.
- Fixed an animation glitch that could occur while melee boosting.
Oh goody! I can now wear my Horrific Flesh Helmet
EDIT: the helmet is still not open for me even though I completed the mission.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be teleported to an incorrect derelict freighter, if several freighters were present in the same system.*
Ahh…so that’s why I ended up stranded with no ship & subsequently frozen. Pesky, poor quality teleporters!
That’s my favorite one of the group
Ohhhh… It probably won’t work retroactively, since I don’t think the game keeps that data around, but at least now I know where I’m at. Well, at least once it comes to GoG…
Experimental follows quite closely on gog generally.
But I can’t check right now.
It seems they patched out the mid-air melee boost movement which really stinks…I enjoyed it so much. It was especially handy when jetting up out of the water. I could then melee boost to shore. Was very nice.
- Save beacon markers are now hidden when placed within a base.
- In protected UAs, save beacon markers are not shown for players outside your group.
- Fixed an issue that obfuscated information important to modders.
- Fixed a crash related to creature navigation.
- Fixed a PS4/Xbox One specific crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while warping or browsing the galaxy map.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the creature you are interacting with dies during the interaction.
For years now, I have always put a beacon inside my base, because the beacon map markers have been a lot more reliable than the base markers.
Many times I have warped into a system where I have a base, but I can’t find the thing because the marker has disappeared. The beacons, however, were always visible.
Now I find that the beacons will be invisible too…
Experimental Branch Update 13/04
- Communications Stations have a smaller message display radius in protected locations.
- Fixed an issue that could cause clipped text in the Target Sweep UI.
- Fixed a PS4 Pro and PS4 on PS5 specific crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when renaming.
- Fixed a crashed related to terrain textures.