Your part of the world

That’s a hard ‘no’. Dad wouldn’t have allowed it, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh dear - he did not part well from service? I know my nephew just finished basic and another wants to join the navy. It’s a very different kinda life.

No, not that. He just always wanted more for me, I guess.

1 Like

Parents usually do - something that is a blessing and a curse quite often :confused:

1 Like

My town has a statue known as the Golden Driller. They filed his codpiece down some time ago as it received too many complaints. :wink:

In fact @Orioncrush , I’m a fellow Tulsan. What are the odds? lol
I’ve been to the center a million times. And down into the tunnels. I had ashes of the admiral twin land in my yard four miles away when it caught fire. I protested the closing of bells, and pushed SQ788.

Route 66, the meadow gold sign, and the electric plant on the river are some honorable mentions. I was up late and catching up on old posts and was like “DO WHAT?!?!”

PS. The smaller circles do it too. On the walk up to center. You have to face the concrete, but they work.

I’m a brit, but currently living in Heidelberg in Germany.

Fun fact about Germany: no fun in Germany, go back to work…

Actually just trying to think of some things for Heidelberg… all I can think of is that there is the oldest university in Germany, a pretty decent castle and a statue of a brass monkey in the old town.

I am German and living in the Sauerland. While i would call my small Hometown absolutely boring, it is still a great place for hot summer days: Due to the fact that this region is hilly with deeper valleys there are huge (artificial reservoir) lakes everywhere around, which were created with dams in the past and support a great part of East Germany with Water. So on a hot summer day i recommend to grab your swimwear, your friends, a BBQ Grill and some German Bier (the well known Krombacher is brewed in this region) and have a nice day at the Lake. Also for those familiar with diving: Some of the flooded Valleys have Abadoned Towns which still can be found underwater. In very hot summers you can see a Chapel Roof look out of the water in the Biggesee.

So i would like to say: You can indeed have Fun in Germany :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, yeh I know, just a running joke in our group at work. We always end up sharing the memes and pictures (especially with german colleagues) that poke fun at german efficiency and humour :slight_smile: And then I am normally the brunt of the bad food ones (which obviously isn’t true - you can’t beat a good steak and ale pie :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

From a two day trip to London. It was soft, it was properly seasoned, it was delicious. I loved it. The best about a stereotype is the moment it proves wrong. Or like my english teacher used to say: Go to Hell with your bloody cliches! :smile:

2 Likes

mmmmmmmm onion rings

I’m from Warsaw and sadly the most prominent historical event here is the almost complete destruction of the city by german nazis and the failed Warsaw Uprising :frowning: I live in the district where this happened:

And walking the streets you pass quite a lot of this memorial plaques, each has the same phrase “A place sanctified by the blood of Poles who died for the freedom of their homeland” and below is the description of what happened here and how many people were killed. http://www.polskaniezwykla.pl/pictures/original/291584.jpg
Also here you can see how every year people of Warsaw commemorate the beginning of Warsaw Uprising, this video gives me goosebumps every time I see it:
There is a city - YouTube

1 Like