Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

As an introvert, I would like this feature that has annoyed me since launch to now remain as it has been given bold new canon XD

2 Likes

Would be great if NPCs, when attacked by player, randomly try to negociate (or not, may be even insulting player, or ask for help) trough new communicator system!
This way, we could have units, and then salvage them nonetheless… Or let them live… Up to us! Would add feeling the player is really master and commander! I want to be a pirate too!

Edit : this could prevent friendly fire on freighter too!

5 Likes

Given the introduction of simulations within a simulation, I would like to see HG expand upon this:
. Story Expansions (play during some of the great wars, or short completion scenarios)
. Full multiplayer in a dozen system star cluster (or more if easy to handle)
. Play destroyed or quarantined galaxies. (Perhaps there was something dangerous that required the hard kill, which sounds like a fun thing to explore imo.)

All of these seem to be good DLC opportunities and there is an obvious place that unlocks during a quest to be a launch spot. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I wish we could summon our exocraft and maybe even our spaceships from our freighters. Be especially useful after walking thru a portal.

2 Likes

The terrain manipulator is indeed very limited with what it is currently capable of. I would at least love to see more precision, as it is a bit of a gamble as to what gets removed/added and how it affects surrounding terrain. At least allow us for example to flatten terrain, which I currently have an issue with, trying to fill in a hole at my base. Possibly have an undo function in case result is not quite as desired. This tool needs some more loving in my opinion.

2 Likes

Truth be told, they should have added a “flattened terrain” function if you’re trying to clean up a lot of odd spots around the base (especially if you’re working underground).

6 Likes

I agree, although I have not been able to build underground as the terrain would reset after some time as I found out the hard way. There is no mention of this having been fixed, so I will avoid building underground for now.

I have holes left however, as I have been unable to get a Curved Wall in place the ‘normal’ way (rotation/orientation impossible) and forced them in place by temporarily using Cuboid Room and Curved Cuboid Wall, to get them to snap on top, then removing those Cuboid parts again. These holes have yet to reset, which I expected to happen again, but no luck so far. Only mention of some terrain fixing is in experimental build (Steam); Improved saving and loading of terrain edits.

2 Likes

Only talking by intuition, but there is likely a cap to how many terrain modifications would be stored on a save, like grenade-holes, before; they probably reset from the first as you reach it… Only other thing viable option would be an explicit limit, like prefabs built at your base.

1 Like

Yeah, if you can’t see each others ship, then you wouldn’t freighters, either. Now, Freighter-Sharing, we could pool our units and purchase big freighters. I see some problems, calling freighters, being in separate systems, custody problems. How about SPACE STATION, base, planet sharing. Separate discovery and ownership. I’m thinking-like “ARK: Survival Evolved” type Tribe Sharing. I guess sharing ship/freighters would be equivalent to sharing dinosaurs, it would mean someone would have to be leader with veto power.

Oh, wait i see what you mean, Freighter-sharing just like base-sharing as it is now.

1 Like

Would be nice if temperature displays less degrees when we are shadowed by terrain vs under the bright light sun

Would be nice too to see amphibians or even birds take off sometimes…

Or giant worms that can edit terrain with big tunnels

And… Space dolphins or animal migrations!

2 Likes

These would all be nice updates to make things look more natural.

For the flying creatures, why are they all in flocks akin to seed and bug eaters? I would be nice to see solitary carnivorous flyers like eagles (that don’t attack) or pteranodons (that do attack).

The NMS trailer that had the Dune-like sandworms was the thing that first caught my attention to the game. I would like to see rare gargantuan fauna like that and more added. I like your idea about them being able to modify the terrain.

As for the animal migrations, I have noticed that some animals are showing more herd-like behavior since 1.3.

4 Likes

Animals roaming in herds would be such a huge and welcome improvement. HG have a lot on their plate but hopefully they’ll address this in a future update.

2 Likes

The game does generate herds to an extent. They’re very rare, they seem even rarer since 1.2 actually, but priot to that occasionally you’d get a family of 4-6 both young and old creatures kinda wandering in tandem.

One thing I’ve noticed is they’ve increased the creature spawn rate around “watering holes”. Even on planets with minimal fauna, they can generate in the dozens, and if you happen to have an exterminate creatures mission and find one of these watering holes, you can see new creatures spawn in as you kill the others en masse, they also spawn into a panic due to your actions and what you get are huge stampedes of creatures as they spawn in and run for the hills! I never noticed this at all before 1.3, but then again I was never encouraged to commit xenocide before 1.3 haha.

10 Likes

This : Chasing Spacekraken or spacemedusas that swallows ships or freighters (even sentinel ones) if too close. There is sometimes too much freighters anyway… Would add some balance here. :sweat_smile:
And add freighter wreckages to explore, with stress that these big creatures come visit anytime!
Maybe abyss light creatures inspired from here on earth (well, on deep sea, more exactly)

3 Likes

Would be cool if we could have things we could craft that would create something unique, something procedurally generated buy combining certain things, inventions if you like that we can Name so that if you are the person to create it first other people that happen to stumble on a particular invention it would have “its name” and “invented by” each item could potentially be used to craft somethin else in the same manner and have a different commodity value.

5 Likes

More than one multitool!

The armorer has a gun rack behind his desk, and we can use that same gun rack to decorate our base. It would be great to use that to switch our multitools. Then we could have different multitools for different uses (ie.) combat, mining, scanning, etc.

7 Likes

One suggestion I had come here to put forward but already perfectly said here, is this:

Plus, just a thing I would greatly enjoy, is if we have sound/music options once inside our home-base structures (which as of a few hours ago I no longer have actually, having made a devastating error but I’ll get over it…in time!). Although it wouldn’t encourage people to get off base and go exploring I know but still, how welcoming I found my home no matter how brief the return (but was sometimes long, especially if in a farming/designing mood) and I also truly enjoy when on the odd occasion, sometimes landing on a totally barren planet and all you can hear, is the crunch of your footsteps, the swell of your breathing…the almost-silence…so if when stepping inside your home something audibly similar happened, with the choice of a player/sound system to interact with (radio/sound-booth/audio-terminal NPC even?) to pick favourite degree of 65dos intensity/mellowness! Not in the realms of importance some of the other ideas here are of course, those I have liked as already said but still, this would be a future-wish for me :slight_smile: :radio:

4 Likes

A build meter so we know how much space we have left to build before reaching the limit please! :+1:

4 Likes

Think it says ‘base complexity xx%’ whenever you add to your base.

2 Likes

Oh really?? I never even noticed that!! Will have to check again when I’m next in the simulation :+1: