What are your thoughts on this last season?

I really want to know what you guys think… I’m having very contradictory feelings about what we just went through. It felt like a huge build up, leading to yesterday’s unraveling events…

Is it all as it seems very much over? Was it really worth it? What have we learnt?

The whole V/ARE affair… Was it anything more than cheeky meta commentary about getting in bed with Microsoft?

How many threads were left dangling in front of our eyes…? What have we achieved?

Am I alone in thinking that the “Inside XBox” show that was dropped without connection gave us hundredfold more than what we got from this?

Maybe it’s a bit soon… The satellite uplink could maybe still give us something… But it sure sounded like this was it. Pats in the back and all… (The Chinese Intelligence are sure wondering wtf)

If you can’t quite place your feelings into coherent words give the sleep deprivation, you may post a video or image that transpire your feelings at this stage.

6 Likes

I don’t believe it’s over yet.

I think what we’ve experienced so far was just a gradual introduction. A slow build up to the main show.

Let’s wait and see.

12 Likes

We had so much to do already! I am trully satisfied so far…

But here from the Old Gods Mail:

-“When the message “Device successfully synced” appears onscreen and the red dot is blinking, you have completed your task. We will contact you with further instructions”.

-"In order to repair the Myriad satellite network, we will need to work as a team.

We are now preparing for a critical new phase of this project, which will need extensive support from the Citizen Science Division. You can collaborate with other Citizen Scientists and follow for updates on our progress using these resources".

Far from being over!

8 Likes

Feeling better after that insight… Cheers.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love this weird, unique creature… even if it sometimes hurts a bit. And I end up feeling a bit slimy, and with a fishy aftertaste…

3 Likes

I think it’s only really starting and I imagine it will finish up just before the update lands, much like what happened with atlas rises. Things are definitely ramping up as we get closer to that day.

Personally I’m more interested in the ARG as a source of expanded lore than I am in what new secrets we might learn about up and coming content so the lack of new details doesn’t really bother me but I can see how some people will be disappointed by this.

The best way to look at it is, the less you know come the end of July, the more fun you’ll have experiencing it all first hand.

6 Likes

I think people should spend less time focusing on the end goal, and enjoy the journey.

Honestly, I really disliked this W/ARE part of the ARG, but I won’t go into details. I am very happy to see this stage end, and to go back to what the ARG was like before. I have high hopes for the rest of what we will get before NEXT drops :smiley:

7 Likes

I don’t know how to post gifs, but if I did, I would post the one of the old man saying “No, it’s not over. It’s not over til I say it’s over.”

4 Likes

Seriously? It didn’t sound like that to me at all. To me it sounded like more like mid-season. The stage is set, the Villain is revealed, and the good guys have sorted themselves out and are halfways organised again. Time to start the real action.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Taramasalata! Yum Yum!

4 Likes

Its not over. I think we are just getting to the more action-packed part of it all.

It seems that this year, the goal of WT is to gather us all together and, if possible, get others to join in and participate for its end-goal.

What the end-goal is, well, ofcourse we don’t know yet. But either way, getting more people involved is extra advertisent for the NMS, for which A&S are supposed to be safely hyping up from the beginning.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying this phase. Trying to make sense of what we are witnessing is the best part. The research has shown me things I would not have found otherwise. I would say this has changed who I am for the better. This burning curiosity has allowed me to learn more about myself, than ever before.

Also , I want to know why or how we skipped update 1.4? what is 1.5? I believe our involvement in this ARG has direct consequence, and our decisions help dictate an update.

3 Likes

My tinfoil hat has me thinking like, there is some sort of purpose to all of this outside of being " just a game."

5 Likes

I am really enjoying this season. There was enough time between tasks that I could catch up and try to help. I need to go back and read all the docs on GD to put the story together.

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. I’m unable to participate other than cheering you all on, (because… reasons), but I am very happy to lap up all that is learned.

4 Likes

The tapes and 8-bit music in the phases leading up to atlas rises were really exciting to me. The broadcasts and futuristic websites were fun too. The promise for open portals really got everyone engaged from the get go.

I’m not as engaged as previous phases, maybe because I really don’t know what to expect from NEXT. Not that that’s a bad thing, I hope NEXT comes with a few surprises. It’s better to underpromise and overdeliver.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing NMS since the release but never really got involved in the forums or the ARG very much but I really have enjoyed watching it. I have really enjoyed the creativity of the ARG and the puzzles that have gone with it. I really hope there is much more of it to come.

6 Likes

Good that you’ve returned. Welcome back.

2 Likes

Reading the lore has been the best part for me , I haven’t been able to help much with the puzzles but being involved has been really fun.

2 Likes

I think I know where you are coming from. I see the story purpose for W/ARE: the technology that bridges the biological-technological gap in the hands of villains…and we unwittingly helped them.

It didn’t leave me with a good feeling either. It makes me wonder if we had chose not to help W/ARE as a community if the outcome would have changed. (Not that the community would have behaved differently: We see the puzzle activities, and we pounce on it.)

2 Likes