Weekly Community Event Season One - General Discussion, tips and Feedback

It’s an abandoned system. Everything basically becomes an abandoned building.
I did not know however that factories were still dispensing product recipies, that’s actually really cool! It’s kind of tough to find one without helpful locals…

2 Likes

Signal boosters can search for them now via secure frequencies using navigational data :slight_smile: will point to manu, op Centre and Depots. If you get a depot just do another search with same booster

1 Like

I knew that, but did totally not think of it. My mind took kind of a short cut at “they’re not operational, there’s no signals to locate” without ever giving the thought a real chance :smile:

Nah, if I get a depot I do a quick airraid for a couple of hundred thousand units.

3 Likes

I really regret trimming out the bit about how depots are definitely worth raiding now but I felt I was already stating the obvious with the signal booster and did not want to doubt your knowledge twice in one post :joy: hello there social anxiety, how did you get on the Internet?!

2 Likes

Anyone else having trouble finding more Hex codes?

I’ve found the first 25 and handed them in and been told I can go out and find more. I only seem to be digging up Salvaged tech now though.

1 Like

You’re not the only one running into this issue. More and more reports of being unable to get the Hex Cores.

This is hopefully high on HG’s priority list to fix together with several other game-breaking issues. It would help to not release updates with ‘known’ issues discovered in experimental. I’d rather have them take some extra time fixing first before releasing it to the public in a buggy state like this last update.

1 Like

The Comm station forest.

7 Likes

I took ss of that too. I love all the comm stations. I got my 50, and the new cosmetic helmet. I like my helmet better though lol. It was a fun time. Glad Hello Games is becoming the most amazing game devs I’ve ever had the pleasure of gaming to.

1 Like

More pictures from Week 1 mission.

!

10 Likes

It occurs to me that the community missions may get harder as time goes by.

Despite the problems some people have experienced gathering hex cores, it may be that our current task is a fairly easy, introductory one.

So it might be wise to gather as much quicksilver as you can, now, while the gathering’s fairly easy.

Who know? in a few weeks time, the missions may be offering rewards you really want, but you can’t afford them, because the quicksilver’s too difficult to obtain.

Just a thought.

7 Likes

I’m saving my quicksilver for the cool stuff. Right now there’s exactly nothing in the store that interests me, but I’ll be keeping my eyes out for that new exocraft…

7 Likes

So week one ends in forty minutes.

Was wondering what would be the best approach.

Rename this thread to Weekly Community Events or let somebody make a thread for week two?

The latter would be preferable as it would keep comments and information archived to their specific weeks but I wouldn’t want to flood the place with similar topics each week if the Mods would rather keep it similar to how screenshots, videos etc are posted.

I need an Adult :confounded:

Esit:Polo pointed me to a portal, going through now, it’s more buried Tech digging this week. Have not checked rewards yet.

I’m not sure what to do so I renamed the topic to season one, but if someone would prefer to keep it to a new thread each week then by all means do that and I’ll happily change it back. I’d do it myself but then everyone will think I’m the guy that does it :pensive:

Edit 2:

We’re still on Oezen Gamma this week it seems.

2 Likes

Have dug up twenty buried Tech, getting 3-4 salvaged tech with each dig… Me thinks me bugged :frowning:

Seems like it, my mission changed from week 2 back to week 1 :thinking:

1 Like

Just looks like theres no week 2 in place. Same planet, same hex cores, no new items. Also cant call up polo to cash in hex cores now.

My Euclid games finding hex cores but my glitched from Calypso games same as you just salvage modules,…been like that for a couple of days now

3 Likes

Yeah I handed in the last of my hex cores with five minutes left on the counter, travelled to a system where I had not summoned Anomaly to wait, got message from polo soon as the counter ended. I thought it sounded vaguely familiar to his very first message. Its possible when the countdown ended it just reverted to its initial state.

Gonna try a console reset and see what happens.

I have heard not recieving hex cores is quite common for people visiting from outside of Euclid and the hex cores not populating in any galaxy outside of Euclid so that would explain your Calypso issues maybe.

1 Like

I’m in Eissentam and didn’t have problems

1 Like

It does seem to be the case for players outside Euclid. I deliberately glitched one of my Calypso games back to Euclid which I thought might mean I wouldnt suffer from it… It’ll be interesting to see how/if/when they fix that debacle too.

Not to worry, got all the goodies in the Euclid game and the helmet, mindblown and the decals for the (ex?)Calypso one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I just realized I have about 26 Hexcores in my storage I forgot about. This all happened 5 mins before end of weekly event. Does anyone know if you can sell the cores once the event is done, I wont be home for another hr or so. Eeek!

On PC experimental, there was a 73.4 Mb patch yesterday morning, which added new community quest rewards.

There is some confusion about what else it did. For some people, another (bugged) quest seems to have started. For me, there was no new quest. The original one just ended, and has not (yet) been replaced.

These are the new items:

7 Likes

Update to my last post. At 11.00 BST today, a new Polo quest launched. Now we have to collect…

Animal droppings.

Yes, you heard me right.

(edit)

It says you have to feed 25 animals. After chasing a few, I’m now managing to increase my score by feeding the same animal, over and over. It’s easier, because they become docile once you’ve fed them the first time.

The first time you feed one, you have to catch it first. And some of them can run faster than you. They can also clip through landscape obstacles - which you can’t. Catching them can be hard.

If you’re having trouble catching them, try feeding the same animal.

8 Likes