Weekend Events

I had MP enabled but never saw anyone else in the Anomaly. I have heard others say the same.

2 Likes

I had that happen last week. I ended up restarting the game and that fixed it.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll have another go & see what happens.

2 Likes

Complete shut down & restart of PS4 got the WE mission working.
Was fetch Activated Indium in my case.

4 Likes

I had the objective switch on me before and reported it as bug (that canā€™t be on purposeā€¦?) Are some of the text variables set to the wrong values? That would be a common bug in procedurally generated games, and hard to spot for the developers (without going through all the permutations).

3 Likes

I did wonder whether it was a kind of basic anti-cheat measure. Switching the goal stops you from stocking up on the required material before you leave for the mission. But, you know, itā€™s not a competitive game - why bother to stop people cheating?

5 Likes

With my family in multiplayer (PS4), we completed 9 weekend missions between the different accounts and save modes. In every case, We had a mission requesting activated Cadmium that turned out to actually be for activated Indium.

BTW, we often see graphic differences between what you have and what others see with our screens side-by side. A recent one we noticed was the colors of pets.

5 Likes

In my oldest game, I have my storage boxes full of everything you can get in the game.
I found that when you take on a fetch-quest mission, anything you currently have in your suit gets ignored & doesnā€™t count towards the required amount,
butā€¦
If I mine just a couple of units of said mineral from the planet Iā€™m sent to, I can then call in my Capital Ship, & via the teleporter tech, beam myself down the rest & save myself some tedious mining in extreme conditions.
(Of course this requires having a fully upgraded Capital Ship warp drive, storage rooms, a teleporter tech installed & a pile of stored mineral).

Incidentally, this weekend I was able to locate a few other travellers mining away & gifted them some of my horded Activated Indiumā€¦& I got thanked :hugs:ā€¦which doesnā€™t seem to happen that often.

8 Likes

Oh, youā€™re making me nostaligc for the time before it went cross-platformā€¦

4 Likes

The weekend event was a trapā€¦ :weary: I had to gather bones. When I tried to reach the contact to give them to, he was buried under rock. (x-rated TM rock at that)

Once I reached him, I fell inā€¦which was a big mistakeā€¦

because when I tried to get back to the surface, I was trapped

So my biggest question is, how is it I can TM to get down to the contact but then cannot TM to get out because suddenly the ā€œbaseā€ now appears?
I cursed a blue streak to everyone in the game( ok. It was actually just 1 word but for me, it amounts to the same thing :laughing:)ā€¦and the game allowed itā€¦

6 Likes

That doesnā€™t look like game generated rock - that looks like griefer generated rock. It looks like a group of jolly sociopaths have systematically buried the place.

And then, of course, all that nonsense has to be downloaded into your game, which takes time, so you donā€™t see it right away.

6 Likes

Thanks for the warning about this. With that knowledge, I turned off my WiFi before approaching the destination and the mission completed normally with no excessive terrain edits or comm balls.

4 Likes

I finally accomplished the mission with MP turned off.
First I TM all the surplus terrain

That left the NPC floating in the air which made him non-functional. So I TM a bit of terrain under his feet

As I suspected, the base and terrain do not reveal themselves until you conclude your business with the NPC. So I jetted away faster than the stuff could regenerate around me.

8 Likes

Have not tried this but totally will at the next opportunity.

9 Likes

This weekā€™s weekend event was based on feeding animals on an extreme frozen world with enthusiastic sentinels. There were supposedly lots of creatures available, but most of them seemed to be the high-velocity burrowing type, impossible to catch or feed. After half an hour, I had managed to feed two animals, and decided a change of tactics was needed.

Fortunately, there was a hot planet in the system with lots of obliging animals, much kinder weather, and no sentinels at all. I finished the task in about 15 minutes.

Donā€™t bother with the toxic/acid planet - all the animals are either airborne or underwater.

13 Likes

I couldnā€™t even get the W.E. to start this time.
I did 2 regular QS missions but at no time could I get the weekend one to appear.
This happened a few weeks back too. Kind of frustratingā€¦

5 Likes

For me, this weekendā€™s event hasnā€™t happened. Nothing has shown up at the Nexus.

Is it just me, or has this happened to other people?

3 Likes

Last weekend the weekend event symbol showed above the nexus mission launcher, but no weekend mission was available to select.

Going to fire up the pc just now to see whats available

3 Likes

I received the mission. Stranded Pilot however, I dug for 20 minutes and could not find a working part. Had to give up because I had somewhere I needed to be.

3 Likes

Both last week and this week, the weekend icon was present but not the mission until the last day. Last week I had about 13 hours left when I finally saw it and this week it was there when I checked at 8 hours remaining.

5 Likes