Waypoint (Updates and Patches)

No no. Definitely Gremlins.

1 Like

4.34 on PS5 made me always crash when using the terrain manipulator. Reported on Zendesk. Guess I’m not playing this weekend…

5 Likes

I guess you are playing after all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bug fixes

• Fixed a crash that could occur when using the terrain manipulator.
9 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know, just checked and now the update is downloading!

7 Likes

SINGULARITY PATCH 4.36 PC only

Bug fixes

• Fixed a crash that could occur while aboard The Anomaly.
6 Likes

Just got another update…

6 Likes

Yes, 1.4 Gb.

Substantial, but not enough to be game changing.

6 Likes

Nintendo Switch - Waypoint 4.30.3

1245184 2023-06-21	v19 BuildID:
38E842321B08D041AE466E5D913255A960A4EB0E000000000000000000000000
In-game version: 105844

Nintendo Switch - Waypoint 4.36

1310720 2023-06-27	v20 BuildID:
B3BE728B50B061D4A2145B552DC64E2D2C365064000000000000000000000000
In-game version: 106350
4 Likes

SINGULARITY PATCH 4.36.1 :link:

Bug fixes

• Improved screen placement for VR interaction UI when playing the Singularity expedition.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause debug information to appear in VR reload tutorial.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause debug information to appear in specific player chat messages.
  • Fixed missing Switch Base button in Build Placement Mode.
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent VR controller configurations showing as out of date in Steam.
  • Fixed a missing icon in VR for change weapon.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented rebinding of the Cycle Rotation Axis action.
  • Fixed a crash related to bases.
  • Fixed a crash related to memory management.
8 Likes

7.7gb update released 7 hours ago '^ _ ^ No patch notes but here’s the depot changelog.

No Man's Sky update for 4 July 2023
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/CodeResources
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Frameworks/PlayFabMultiplayerFramework_macOS.framework/Versions/A/PlayFabMultiplayerFramework_macOS
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Frameworks/PlayFabPartyMac.framework/Versions/A/PlayFabPartyMac
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/MacOS/No Man’s Sky (+1.41 KiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/MacOS/libAkConvolutionReverb.dylib
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/MacOS/libMasteringSuite.dylib
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.EntitySceneMBIN.pak (-116.34 KiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.MeshCommon.pak (-36.40 MiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.MeshMisc.pak (-1.89 MiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.MeshPlanetBIOMES.pak (+280.44 KiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.MeshPlanetCREATURES.pak (-10.18 MiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.MeshPlanetNPCS.pak (-1.12 MiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.Precache.pak (+3.94 KiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.Shaders.pak (-235.48 KiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/Resources/GAMEDATA/MACOSBANKS/NMSARC.globals.pak (-2.83 KiB)
  • Modified – No Man’s Sky.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources
  • Manifest ID changed – 63634318364959837824742435859160341558

A build was also pushed to internal 3 hours ago

edit: Patch notes appeared while I was making this :smiley:

Bug fixes

• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when editing bases.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to the mission system.
  • Fixed a rare crashed related to repairing planetary objects.
  • Fixed a rare crash in the Expedition overview UI.
  • Fixed a rare crashed related to interaction labels.
  • Introduced a number of optimisations for infested planet types.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some gameplay objects, such as the Interceptor starship, to use an unnecessarily large amount of memory.
  • Introduced a number of memory-usage optimisations for PS4.
  • Fixed a memory leak on PlayStation 4 and 5.
  • Fixed a memory leak that could occur on all Xbox platforms.
9 Likes

9 patches since the expedition…seems like they are really trying to improve performance.

4 Likes

Or they did something a while back that seriously degraded it? Wasn’t there a major change to the game engine?

4 Likes

The move to Vulkan, yes. I didn’t notice any significant performance degradation, and I usually do notice because I’m already running at sub-cinema framerates anyways.
There has been very noticeable gradual degradation over the last 3 years though, with my poor machine having to fight harder and harder to run the game at ever lower settings. The last update was actually the first where I got some of it back.

7 Likes

I think the change to vulkan may even have even improved performance a bit for me (though that may have just been a placebo effect). It does seem to generally be degrading since then. It could be an issue with the ever-increasing amount & size of assets. That means a lot more loading & memory swapping going on now, causing a lot more stutters and slowdowns.

6 Likes

Degradding? Not really. Performance will get worse on older hardware sure, they have added more demand on the game to do more. They are clearly optomizing as much as they can while dealing with what 6 different platforms now? Its amazing it runs at all lol.

I still wish they dropped / never added support for ps4, xbox one, xbox x digital?, switch. I get why they wont, or wouldn’t want to but it certainly not helping matters.

5 Likes
10 Likes

Nintendo Switch - Waypoint 4.36.2

1376256 2023-07-10	v21 BuildID:
???
In-game version: 107266

Sorry, ‘titledb’ has been slow and irregular to update lately.

5 Likes

Xbox One | Xbox Series S/X | Xbox GP update

Bug fixes

• Fixed an Xbox crash that could occur when landing on an Abandoned Freighter.
5 Likes

Nintendo Switch - Waypoint 4.3.7

1441792 2023-07-19	v22 BuildID:
???
In-game version: 107667
4 Likes

Branches

NAME DESCRIPTION BUILD ID TIME UPDATED
internal 11737247 14 minutes ago
experimental 11721691 2 days ago
public 11692643 6 days ago

Other