Vykeen Daggers?

I am 45 hours into a new game and have yet to find my first Vykeen Dagger. Can anyone tell me if they still exist? Been hunting for quite some time now, as my armourer requires 2 of them. Either I have terrible RNG as those supply crates just hate me, or something is bugged … Any alternative ways to get those?

2 Likes

I have found 2 daggers in 30 hours. However, I found nearly 10 effigies in that same time.

I think they have been made distinctly more rare.

3 Likes

They definitely still are valid items…had one in my inventory from before NEXT and it was still in my inventory intact after having installed NEXT. If you need one to locate a portal I think the game still works the same in the sense that correctly answering a monolith will give you the item you need to locate a portal when you find a 2nd monolith on that same planet/moon.

2 Likes

They exist, but they have rarified quite a bit.

If they have been made more rare…why? They seem relatively useless except for locating portals and the monoliths will give you what you need to locate a portal…and they don’t have that much value either.

1 Like

My opinion would be, by accident. They diversified the drops from crates, which was a good idea I think, but they forgot that this would lead to a shortage of daggers/convergence cubes/charms.

2 Likes

I certainly don’t have any shortage of any of the other items with the same functionality. Even got several Nip-Nip, although not the same functionality, supposedly less common in comparison.

Crates are supposed to be the easiest way, as they are found all over the place. For now I still have other quests and things to work on though, so not all that much in a hurry. Just a bit annoying to not be able to progress the armourer. Once I really need them, I will give Monoliths a try. They give specific required item to locate a portal, depending on planet race.

1 Like

Buy them from vy’keen pilots on planet. You can buy effigies, and the other races gift items on planets in their systems also.

3 Likes

I do specifically need the daggers, but will give it a try. Not seen them for sale anywhere yet though.

Interesting. I’ve picked up some daggers, but have yet to come over a convergence cube. Looks like RNGesus is screwing both of us :smile:

2 Likes

Every pilot at a trading post will have them, for some reason they don’t have them when they are at the space station.

4 Likes

Ok thanks, will give it a try.

I’d rather it be the RNG than yet another bug. Good to hear they are still around. Will update here once I do find one … I mean … TWO :wink:

5 Likes

I got one last night from a monolith.

They are still here since I got my first one yesterday, but like the others say, the dagger might have become a rare object!
Same as SingularGleam, got mine from a Vykeen pilot! I suppose you should give it a hunt!:wink: Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Good to know as I need 2 for Weapons dude at my base and have not been able to find any either.

2 Likes

I’ve found those items a lot rarer in the green crates they used to haunt, seem to get them quite a lot for bartering 1000 units with various NPCs these days.

2 Likes

Going to a monolith in a Vykeen system and answering correctly should give you a dagger.
(I accidentally sold my collection of Gek relics but they seemed pretty easy to replace).

3 Likes

Can confirm, ships landing on the large trade platforms in a Vy’Keen system have Daggers for sale. Strangely, there were none on the ships landing at the Space Station.

5 Likes

It’s the pesky security. No knifes, scissors, needles, and most importantly no bottles that might contain liquid explosives allowed in space stations! :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for all the great help everyone, I’ll be hunting for those daggers soon!

3 Likes