Trouble with envoys and other missions

Some, maybe related, questions.

Do the envoys do anything apart from give gifts?

Also I can’t seem to do the higher station missions.

Here are my stats:-

•                                   standing      missions

•      gek                             10                2

•      vy'keen                         10                4

•     korvax                           10                3

•    merchants                        5               5

•    mercenaries                      6               6

•    explorers                        7               6

For example, the below mission requires 5 rank with explorer, but gives the error “insufficient standing with the explorers guild”. But I have 7!

The farmer - Wants me to collect flower samples to combine into other stuff, but it seems he always start off as if I’ve never agreed before “Do you want to help — Accept/Leave?”.

The same with the overseer who wants photos.

Is it stuck?

Do I have to zendesk this to HG (and wait 3 months) or can I fix it with save editor, assuming these are bugs and not just me.

5 Likes

I would zendesk regardless. As for fixing with a save editor, I have no idea. Maybe someone else can answer that.
The patches have been coming out fairly quickly lately. The last batch of issues was fixed withing 24 hours. So you never know…

5 Likes

I wondered what inane repeatable quests the other base denizens would give.

But yeah, I believe all the base quests, including the one s for the base computer itself, shift over to giving repeatable quests, like they are stuck in a time loop. And the rewards are never worth the effort of doing them.

I laid them all off with a generous separation package.

Dunno what to say about the guild business… I’m apparently unable to get lvl 8 quests,

It could be a combo of guild level + faction level + some special coding mumbo jumbo. Could be faction with the actual station. I never could figure it out.

Sorry. Not much help, but lots of sympathy.

4 Likes

The standing with the ‘Lifeforms’ is not related with the standing for the ‘Guilds’. For the Guilds, you’ll have to do missions to increase rank with these Guilds. The below table shows the ranks and the standing required for each Guild.

Guild

Merchants

Mercenaries

Explorers

Standing
Rank - - - 0
1 Initiate Initiate Initiate 3
2 Apprentice Apprentice Apprentice 8
3 Journeyman Journeyman Journeyman 14
4 Associate Associate Associate 21
5 Senior Senior Senior 30
6 Master Master Master 40
7 Elder Elder Elder 60
8 Exalted Exalted Exalted 100

Each Guild is represented by their specific icon, so doing missions matching that icon, will increase standing with that Guild. The best way to follow progress, is to check the Milestones > Guilds. It shows your rank for each and the amount of standing left to rank up. To reach the highest rank for a Guild (Exalted), you’d need to gain a total of 100 standing to be able to do Rank 8 missions.

Doing missions with any of the other icons (Gek, Vykeen, Korvax) will increase standing with that Lifeform, not with any Guild. Some missions will not reward any standing (rare), most will increase standing by 1, some will increase standing with more than 1, some up to 5 if I recall correctly. Those will likely be higher rank missions though.

Below screenshots show my ‘ranks’ (Apprentice - 2) for each Guild, as well as the amount of standing I need to earn before moving to the next rank (Journeyman - 3). This is basically all you need to pay attention to when it comes to Rank. I have no clue how the position of the dot works, or what it means.

I believe that the Mission Envoy only becomes available each time you rank up with a Guild, to indeed give you rewards.

Now if the number for standing towards next rank is not changing, then something is wrong and should best be reported as a bug.

7 Likes

Below screenshots show my ‘ranks’ (Apprentice - 2) for each Guild, as well as the amount of standing I need to earn before moving to the next rank (Journeyman - 3). This is basically all you need to pay attention to when it comes to Rank. I have no clue how the position of the dot works, or what it means.

Thanks, that clears things up. I was counting the dots and thinking that was my rank with the guild. It turns out I am only an apprentice with the explorers guild. So everything is working as it should be.

5 Likes