Tips & Tricks

Well I would. I do have a freighter. And others have confirmed that the Save ‘Point’ does work in the freighter.

My problem is that I don’t have and haven’t yet found the blueprint for the “Save Point” device.

When I log in later, I will resume the Mission that tells me to “go back to your base” (IF I can find it since it disappeared last time I went there) LOL

:heart:

2 Likes

You can get the “save point” from the base computer archives.

5 Likes

Thank you. :heart:

I’ve looked all through the base computer archives and the portable construction device, and the Nexus Construction Tree until my eyes bleed. Not there. (yet?)

And thank you to all of you for your sympathy and willingness to help. :heart: We’ll get there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Go to a spaceport and see if your base shows up in the Teleporter!

4 Likes

My base does show up in the teleporter. However, when I use the station teleporter to take me to my base, the base is not there. It lands me in the field where it used to be. No house, no base computer, no teleporter, no nuffink.

I’m just going in to the game now so I will see if it shows up this time or not.

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I didn’t “upload” the base, as I’m confused about what uploading bases actually does.

EDIT: Update. Made it to my second base to find myself in 1fps Chromatic Hell.

Eyes are frying as I try to decipher what I should click on to progress…

Manage to receive a B-class exosuit shield I don’t need since I’m an experienced explorer and already have three S-Class shields installed.
Still no sign of the Save Point in the Construction build tree, neither locked nor unlocked:

Next I was to build a Storage Container. Which I completed all the way in Chromatic 1fps.

Then I realised it would have to be powered. And gave up, logged out.

I’m hoping that those who are suffering with this malady as well as myself will soon™ get some relief from HG, because the game is unplayable now (at least for me) this way.

6 Likes

Are you playing in or out of experimental? I know the new experimental patches mentioned something about fixing certain items not showing in the base construction research trees.

I have the save point in my new playthrough. I either got it from base computer missions, from base research with buried Tech modules, or I learned it from my overseer/scientist etc.

I know that’s extremely broad and vague but hope you find it in one of those routes and maybe stop taking all that acid when you play :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m working on the base computer missions now. Just hired the overseer. I really don’t want to have to do them again…

But that said, I did manage to get a working power set up that keeps things active through both day and night cycles. I actually surprised myself.

Next time I will be much neater. :wink:

Then the Acid Flashbacks hit again.

Edit: I’m sorry, Andrew, I forgot to answer your question.

Out of it. I haven’t used 3xperimental since before NEXT.

5 Likes

I found the Base missions easier this time around, well, except for the Walker thing…yeah…

4 Likes

I might need some tips when I get there… >.>

2 Likes

I submitted a bug report on the deuterium quest.
Mine will not complete.
Have the deuterium on my character in my ship.
The game does not finish.
so be weary!

4 Likes

The Terrain Manipulator still allows 3 different sizes for deletion of terrain. However, the keys/buttons required do not show. On PC with keyboard, you press R/T for those wondering, they are listed.

Happy to see the remapping available and fixed.

5 Likes

Just to add to Devlins info, to adjust Terrain Manipulator deltion size, on ps4 it is L1/R1 and this is also posisble in PSVR.

However, the method or button to change size does not yet exist with MOVE controllers in PSVR.

You have to use the Dualshock as a lot of features aren’t properly mapped to MOVE controls just yet (even in cases where there are free buttons to use, e.g boosting in exocraft).

4 Likes

When building, make sure you are using the correct base (middle mouse button on PC). I have noticed that ‘power’ parts, may have issues when connecting to parts belonging to another base. For example trying to snap cuboids or corridors, which will leave a wall where a door is expected, if not from the same base. Too bad there is no easy way to see what base a part belongs to. I will have to experiment some more, but this goes for a lot of ‘power’ parts.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Say, is there any way to industrialise di-hydrogen and tritium production? My fleet is still small, but is already starting to consume large enough amounts of it that I’m spending a lot of time shooting up asteroids, and while drive-by mining while exploring planets covered my H2 demands so far, in the near future I might have to start dedicate time to mining it explicitly, which I’d rather avoid…

3 Likes

That’s still my method for H2. Just a continual chore while exploring.
My frigate fleets are small (5-10 ships) so my demands are modest and it does keep grinding down.

As for Tritium, I generally purchase it in bulk and leave it stored in my freighter and make frigate fuel as I accumulate enough H2.

I use uranium and pyrite for starship fuel, also purchased in bulk, when opportunities arise in wealthy systems…seems more efficient than the alternatives.

5 Likes

I use the methods yourself and @Mad-Hatter have mentioned but I also buy any dihydrogen jelly I see in shops so I can refine it, every little helps :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have yet to do any refining, or try the new machines, so not sure if anything has changed.

For Tritium I just mined it in space, as this could not be obtained through refining. I could mine this pretty fast, as I have a macro on my mouse button to shoot really fast without overheating. Of course buying is a good alternative.

As for Di-hydrogen, there is a simple refining cycle with Di-hydrogen Jelly. Which basically turns into more than you start with.
1 Di-hydrogen Jelly turns into 50 Di-hydrogen
30 Di-hydrogen turns into 1 Di-hydrogen Jelly
So I always kept multiple Jelly, to always be able to make more through a few cycles in a refiner.

6 Likes

I’d always used carbon planters to get carbon, I was amazed to just find out you can refine oxygen for carbon on a 1:1 ratio. Handy for base parts.

Anyone know if this was the case before beyond? Just so I can gauge my own ignorance…:smiley:

4 Likes

For Tritium, I always purchase thousands while in good economy systems.

For Dihydrogen, I do run-by shootings of every collection of blue crystals I see. Without ever stopping, I get plenty for building and freighter fuel. Of course, I do at least a 2 minute jaunt on every planet I land on for exploration purposes.

4 Likes