Tips & Tricks

Is that better…:grin:

4 Likes

Hey, what’s everyone whispering about?

*leans ear in *

:fearful::flushed:

I thought maybe that was just a VR thing :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

In case you get the feeling you are being watched, here is a nice new feature.

As you can see, some bugger has set up shop in my system…been here for 2 days.
EDIT: I asked a simple question and he has vanished…guess the sentinels worked. :+1:
I feel kinda bad since I have a water planet in my system…he probably has been looking a long time for one.

8 Likes

Time to head for the Dark Zone (see Lexx Dark Zone).

2 Likes

Finally! This was long overdue!

4 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: BEYOND: PS4 Multiplayer & PS+ Meetups

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to share this info but this seems like as good a spot as any.

As it stands (no pun intended) , in VR, at least on console, you cannot sit on any chairs.

You also cannot mount any tamed creatures. Just in case somebody thought they missed a trick (or a tip) on how to do this. Only finding this out now as last night was first attempt baiting an animal to mount. I could milk it though. Yay milk!

Since there was no mention of this being excluded for VR players in the update, along with photo mode, I’m assuming this will be added at a later date and was probably still buggy close to release and canned until fixed, probably on the back-burner now too while they tackle all the major bugs the community uncovered.

5 Likes

Good News! The Galactic Coordinates can now be toggled ON/OFF in Photo Mode.
On Xbox controller tap Y. Wait a few seconds and the address will appear. If you do not want the address, tap Y to make it disappear. (On keyboard that would be whatever you press to make the settings bar across the bottom of the screen disappear .)

7 Likes

On PC, the left shift removes the black bar.

2 Likes

Weird. I tried that tonight and it wasn’t in the tree. Will check again tomorrow. If so I’m chuffed! Thanks! :heart:

EDIT: Wait Isn’t the “Save Point” the flat round/cylindrical one and the “Save Beacon” is the taller skinny one?
I only have the ability (so far) to utilize the Save Beacon on a new starter game in BEYOND. My legacy save has both.

Which one did you test with?

(also, don’t know how I missed that 11 days ago. lol)

4 Likes

Not sure about the Save Beacon, but I am sure the Save Point worked, unless they changed things again.

3 Likes

Yes. Sorry about that. Save Point. :blush:

2 Likes

Find yourself stuck outside your freighter? A pretty helpful tip by our new member, @Flora_Marsky

https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/the-lighter-side-of-nms-graphics-hiccups-and-funny-pics/3317/983?u=travelecho

6 Likes

And … It looks like the Galactic coordinates in photos was an “oops.” The “debug” info is now removed in the latest experimental patch.

4 Likes

Galactic Coordinates are now a toggle. Very nice. :grin:

4 Likes

Does anyone know how a new Beyond save player can get the recipe for the “Save Point”? It’s the one that when you use it a globe pops up and hovers over it.

Apparently it is the only one that works in the Freighters?

I have the portable “Save Beacon”, but that is not on the build menu for the freighter.

Can anyone help?

5 Likes

You would think I would remember since I started a new game. It was either already available, on the Nexus, in the old blueprint analyzer (I forget what it’s called now) or I got it as part of the Expand Your Base mission which is triggered during the Artemis/Apollo mission :roll_eyes: Really helpful, I know

4 Likes

Actually that is a great help! :heart:

I kinda got into having a lot of fun in exploration mode and put off the Artemis quest at the “Go back to your base” point (since my base had disappeared from everything but the portal list).

So I guess I’ll have to figure that one out now. Maybe it’s back and I can go forward w/ the quest.

There are alternate ways to get the other recipes. I wonder if it would eventually show up at a manufacturing center.

3 Likes

I do not have it yet at 48 hours in, I use the beacon. Or the base computer to save.

3 Likes