The Local Space Station (Community Chat)

do you have a license for HF?

2 Likes

cool, keep the passion going, we had a big unit up here, 200 feet long line, talked with NZ navy

1 Like

we use to have HF, but the ā€œpowersā€ that be took it a way

2 Likes
3 Likes

Would the adjective used to describe a four dimensional shape be ā€œtesseractileā€?

Iā€™ve been told that it was just a tesseract. Iā€™m not sure though :thinking:

1 Like

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1252280491/myst-25th-anniversary-collection
Top-tier package already gone!

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for that link, I did not know about this kickstarter. Huge fan of Myst and sequels, would love to have that LCD Book at least.

Kickstarter ONLY :sob: means Credit Card only (still). I am truly missing out here, oh well ā€¦

Iā€™ll watch this ā€˜oldā€™ video instead, on which this 25th Anniversary book is based:

4 Likes

Awesome! I signed on for the Myst book. Couldnā€™t resist. It looks as though the games will release on Steam and GoG.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am having a hard time letting it slide and may actually look into getting an online/virtual CC. Still quite a bit of money as well, which is another reason for giving it some extra thought first. Hope they do not sell out though, in case I do decide to go through the extra trouble.

1 Like
3 Likes

I know ppl on different modes canā€™t see each others bases so I would assume it is ok but, donā€™t take my word for it. Not much help, sorry.

1 Like

ask under Help a fellow traveller thread

1 Like

DirectX 11 graphics card with at least 4GB Video RAM

How much will this cost?

about $80 or so,

are you looking for nvidia 900 series or 10 series?
those are $250 to $3000

1 Like

To be honest I donā€™t know which I need. All I know is that the ā€œDirectX 11 graphics card with at least 4GB Video RAMā€ is whatā€™s necessary for playing star citizen. In the nearish future, I plan to get No Manā€™s Sky, Elite Dangerous, and Star Citizen, on pc, I need a graphics card to accomplish that. Hereā€™s a link to the requirements: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-Starter-Pack-31-FreeFly
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll know what to make of them. Thanks in advance.

Have you built a PC before?
or are you looking for a laptop?

laptops are 175 and up but watch for Celeron cpuā€™s they such.
do not get only integrated graphics on a laptop, need a dedicated video card 1050 or better, they run about 750 to 1200
look at , and only look at to compare

Highlights info row image

to see what is being sold and makeup of the computers

1 Like

NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 for $309 Amazon

For Radeon cards you could look for an RX 560 with 4GB, I know they make them.

I run an RX 460 for NMS, and it works great. My son runs an r7 260X, running fairly well on his.

Whatever you decide, go by the recommended, NOT the minimum.

2 Likes

side note: we always build our own PCā€™s and have never spent more than around $800. I run an AMD FX-8350 @ 4Ghz, 12GB DDR3, and Two Radeon RX 560ā€™s.

3 Likes

They are bringing this to the big screen in the original 70mm! This film looks so awesome even though it was filmed in 1968. I have a passion for seeing older films on the screen they were meant to be seen on. Between this, NEXT and Myst 25th Anniversary release, this is gonna be a fun year!

6 Likes