The Atlas Path Missing/Explore the Galaxy

Unless someone has any tips to get it back to saying explore the galaxy like it used to before the beyond update, I don’t know how to get it back. Because what used to happen was the anomaly would randomly pop up when I would travel to a system and then I would talk to Nada and say I just want some kind technology or something instead of asking for a black hole or an Atlas station. After that the quest the Atlas path would just say explore the galaxy.

Since now I assume the anomaly only shows up when you summon it and when I talk to Polo I can only ask for a black hole or Atlas station I guess they decided to get rid of it or something. I guess I’ll just have to deal with the annoying pop-ups on the bottom right.

4 Likes

I still have not completed the Atlas Path on a new save so I do not know if this is related to using an old save or if there is currently an issue.
I did notice that my Atlas path shows when the mission is highlighted but I see no Atlas Station on the Galactic Map. It looks like a path to the Center…
Has anyone completed the Atlas Path on a new save?

2 Likes

Well I’m still using my day one save and through all these other updates my Atlas path has remained the same. Due to the new way of going to the anomaly I’m wondering if that’s screwing it up. I went to an Atlas station and then it immediately told me to find another one instead of saying explore the galaxy like it used to. After a time the anomaly would pop up and then it would tell me to go to the anomaly and talk to Nada and Polo which I would do and tell them I just want technology so the game keep saying explore the galaxy.

4 Likes

I remember when NEXT arrived my Atlas path progress reset to zero and I had to collect all the recipes again (even though I had them) and get to the final atlas station again. I’m not sure if this is of any aid to you.

Try requesting Polo to show you an atlas station, land there and check to see if it reset with Beyond. I have only been playing a new save and have yet to return to my legacy save so I can’t comment on having a similar issue just yet. When I do, I’ll report if it’s acting weird for me too.

3 Likes

I suspect something is a bit screwy here. When I finished the Purge, I was told to build the Soul Engine again (used to be the Mind Arc) (It makes no sense that I was asked to build it) I built it without really looking at it because I was given the recipe for Remembrance at the same time…I was confused.

Now the end of the current Atlas Path shows nothing .
So I decided to check back in with Polo. There is a marker leading me there.

However, it was leading me to the Construction Terminal because I had tech modules in my pockets.

So I asked Polo for directions to the Atlas Station and viola!

It is right next door.
Continuing the Atlas Path…to be continued.
Apparently the Atlas is having a good laugh at my expense

6 Likes

I visited an Atlas Station yesterday. I thought I was at the last one, where I pick one of 4 galaxies.
The Atlas itself was not there. And none of the floor lights were glowing. If this wasnt it I was close. Approched where the Atlas should be and I had make all those Atlas seeds again There was a pillar for each one that I gave to the pillar. The last one in the middle got the Heart of the Sun and then I got the Star Seed and this birthed a Star. My memory is so bad I either when through a marked Black Hole to get there or when I left the station.

All three major missions were visible beforehand. When I left the station the Atlas Path is gone. BUT…
reading carefully what the Anomoly mission says, I will either be contacted or when I go back to the Anomoly on my own to see Polo, I will get a path to Atlas and that should make it reappear.
The other mission is–I got plenty of time, go explore-- Which is similar to what the Anomoly mission also says. I am keeping the anomoly mission active, and Im selling off what I cant store. When I go back to an Atlas, I think im going to see 4 galaxies to choose from. #10 should be green and should be called Eissentam My save is from my day one which is actually around 1.2

5 Likes

I am finding it a bit irritating that every time I leave an Atlas Station, my mission gets changed to The Space Anomaly. I have to change it back every time.
I am almost there on a new save. Hopefully there is no glitch like there was after NEXT when I had to make the things like 3 times before the Star Birthing machine worked.

3 Likes

Ok, I had to read the wiki and figure out what is next and I may have already lost the fast track and Im going to end up on the black hole trek. I already have Rememberance. That was from the end of the Purge. I have all sixteen glyphs, but i still have alot of warps to reach max milestone 10. It may or may not, but i am really hoping when I max the warps, I get one more chance. I could have the missions backwards though. If i had just refused to birth a star then I get a second chance. Yea, I got mixed up and refused the wrong mission didnt I?

4 Likes

Well, here is the low down on how it goes down on a new save. After gaining the recipe for the Star Seed, I headed for the black hole. After jumping through it, the Atlas Path is over. It is gone. The only choice I was given was to birth a new star or walk away. Now that I am through the black hole, these are the only missions left.

I have highlighted New Beginnings, which is the end of the Purge. It does not seem to have a pop up box. I did not leave Euclid. I simply got a notification stating how far I had jumped and how far was left to the center. So this does indeed set you up to journey to the Center by showing you how black hole jumping works. So the conclusion is that the Atlas Path does indeed disappear. Choosing the New Beginning from the end of the Purge should keep pop-ups down.

5 Likes

Yeah I was reading about this. It’s kind of sad and I’d rather not do it because believe it or not I’ve never completed any of the missions nor ever gone to the center. I’ve just been happily exploring the galaxy. But if I need to do this to stop the pop-ups I might. Thank you for looking into this.

5 Likes

Yea, thats my remaining majors, go, dont go. Im a little miffed here that I got it backwords. I turned down the wrong one. Its the same situation with my other save. I have the star seed and rememberance. Im gonna play some country music backwards so I get another chance, my ex will come back, and my job will rehire me :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Stop before you are back in diapers. :grin:

2 Likes

Hey sheral, I made a short stop at the Anomaly a couple days ago, asked Polo to show me the black holes, and The Atlas Path is back in the Primary missions. :grinning: :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

I talked to him and it only showed the Black Hole option. I left without asking anything then turned around and talked to him again and the Atlas Path was back as an option. :roll_eyes:
I was okay with leaving it on New Beginning but I guess the option for the Atlas Path has to return in case we ever want to go back and make a different decision.
This is one of those missions where I wish it actually mattered. I would still like to see the Journey to the Center be a real thing with a huge decision to make when we got there.

6 Likes

I’d love for them to introduce some truth to birthing a star at the end of the atlas path. What kind of star, how many planets, what type of planets, customised star system basically. And then you can visit it from your teleporter. Doesn’t necessarily have to be discoverable in the actual galaxy but you could bring friends via firesquad. Would be great if it was highly customisable too, setting water height per planet etc.

One can dream

7 Likes

And is it in the same galaxy? A prompt for " Would you like to mark it on your galaxy map? Would you like to visit it? Maybe even make it your entry point when travelling to the next galaxy.

4 Likes

Question: Is the Remembrance good for anything other than the back room lore terminals? IIRC, they used to give a boost to what? Personal shields?

Can it replace the atlas pass v3?

2 Likes

Installing it grants one unit of core health and allows the player to operate Remembrance Terminals placed behind AtlasPass v2 and AtlasPass v3 doors
Upgrade bonuses trigger when Remembrance is installed adjacent to Star Seed, increasing the total core health gained to +3 (1 from Remembrance, 1 from Star Seed, and 1 from the adjacency bonus).
…according to the NMS Wiki

4 Likes

Thank you very much. :heart:

1 Like