The ARG has just stalled?

I’m starting to ascribe to the idea that Lab 319 implies March 19th because that is the start of GDC 2018 and HG lead programmer Innes McKendrick will be speaking there. They may have planned to launch something about the ARG at this time. We will have to listen closely to Innes and see if he drops any clues.

6 Likes

If Innes is indeed going to speak there then if nothing else we should get some kind of clue about what’s going on even if they just say “yeah, we’re still working on NMS” or something about the ARG.

3 Likes

Remember, that the ARG is an alternate reality in which HG and A&S don’t technically exist in. So expecting anything from those two is futile as it would “break ARG rules”.

Just assume that all is going according to plan :wink:

3 Likes

Quite possible. I’m also leaning towards “1.5” being a reference to the 1st of May. Calling out a version number doesn’t really seem all that mysterious. WT Pt1 took 2 months, which many said seemed too long. We are now almost 1.5 months away from May 1st. But who knows for sure. But it WILL be kicking off again soon so get your sleep!

3 Likes

Well A&S have been more openly talking about the ARG after the end of WT last August and have told us some stuff like the fact they had an alternate ending and that our choices would matter in how the game would be developed going forward and so on. And in terms of calling out version number they have been calling out 1.3 in the ARG before it released too so I’m inclined that 1.5 is going to be the next patch.

3 Likes

Yes, they spoke once that part concluded and the ARG was suspended… until recently. Back to silence.

3 Likes