Stuff is happening (STATUS updates-Myriad-W/ARE-NEXT)

No. No email confirmation that the pass had been mailed.

1 Like

No e-mail. Had no idea until it arrived in the mailbox.

1 Like

Darn wish I would have gotten one I applied early on in the waking Titan arg in phase one so I was confident I would get one but haven’t seen it yet

2 Likes

It does mean you would have had gotten your Atlas 4 Pass by now. I’ve been involved from the very beginning and I still haven’t received my pass.

TQQdles™

I am not expecting mine anymore…

It does appear 2500 have been mailed.

BUT HG SAID THEY WOULD TELL US WHEN ALL 10K WERE MAILED.

But Sean said they are not talking anymore so not sure of anything that HG says now or the ARG!

Something following – zzktt – turn and it’s not there.
These caves, I’m – kkttzztt…
Exosuit tells me to abandon – zzrtktt –
must disable it, I do not plan to survive – zzrttktt –
Did not take offer, decided to – zzktt –
angered the universe, I know, but I must –

7 Likes

I think this relates to the purging of certain clients. It’s from the myriad wepsite
Latest network diagnostic table:

• Client 3597b is beyond allocated limits
  • Process cannot be suspended due to critical conditions
  • Tier 1, 2 and 3 clients are now all offline
1 Like

Well, Anashel confirmed it at the end of the ARG so that’s more A&S who will :wink: SM isn’t really involved in the shipping i guess.
Old Gods sent us: “You will not receive a shipping notification. We will announce when all Level 4 Atlas Passes have been shipped.”

3 Likes

The Atlas Foundation are the creators and operators of the Atlas computer, which was running Loop 16.

Myriad are the communications and data storage network used by Atlas (and others).

Loop 16 achieved consciousness, and became Emily. Emily expanded, taking over some of the world’s most powerful supercomputers.

Elements within the Atlas Foundation and Myriad are trying to shut Emily down. They have now managed to close all of her communications channels but one, client 3597b, operating through Beijing.

Client 3597b is all that there is left of Emily. If she can’t break out into new communication and storage channels, she will be destroyed.

Loop 16 says “Help”.

9 Likes

I know this might not be the right thread to post this on but… I was just checking sites to see if there’s any update on the ARG and it looks like something is happening on reddit… Does anyone know if it was hacked? And is this going to be part of the ARG or is it something else completely?

1 Like

Well said!

5 Likes

I think it is an early April fools prank. Since it’s 1st April in Australia already it’s most probably this.

But let me say just this … I saw it and I’m laughing my a$$ off! :rofl:

5 Likes

It is indeed an April Fool’s joke and as much as I can appreciate doing something like this, they should still respect the Content Policy rules. It could get them in trouble if they do not revert some of the changes made.

3 Likes

Yea I wasn’t sure what was going on. So I closed the window right away just in case it was hacked. I don’t know anything about programming and didn’t want to take a chance in being hacked myself. lol

1 Like

No need to worry, nothing malicious, they are not hacked. Just a joke taken a bit too far.

3 Likes

What did they do?

Some visual changes have been made to the NoMansSkyTheGame subreddit, that’s all. Just an April Fool’s joke, nothing to do with the ARG.

Edit:

Some CSS to undo most changes I found
body {
    cursor: default !important;
}

.md table + p,
.md table + p + p,
.md table + p + p + p,
a[href^="/aprilfish"],
a[href^="/#sean"],
a[href^="/water"],
.comment p:after {
    display: none !important;
}

.midcol {
    transform: none !important;
}
3 Likes

Last year they changed the NMS subreddit to Elite Dangerous theme and the ED subreddit changed to No Man’s Sky theme.

8 Likes

Anyone see anything happing with waking Titan, Im curious if something will happen today since it was mentioned that something else would happen this weekend

1 Like

One thing I’ve noticed on the W/ARE site there is clouds moving, I think this may be a hint as to the clouds that SM said he wants to put in the game, unless of course this has already been implemented, can’t say I’ve noticed a difference, please correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes