Station Override ( or how to achieve the Rocketman milestone in exp 3)

Had try to sell it at blackmarket shop… nothing happens.
Description reads “high value in black market” thought it was an hint

6 Likes

the fact we meet at a [redacted] at rendez vous 2 without glyphs is a big cliffhanger

4 Likes

A friend of mine and I did this by falling off one the spires though it might have been after one of the shady merchants landed and sold us an X class movement module. (I don’t remember which came first.) We went to the peak and flew straight up. That gave us just enough forward motion to miss the mountain on the way down, collect the award, and land on a steep enough slope to get minimal damage (him) and no damage (me). We just slid the rest of the way down. Our peak was high enough that we got the climbing award before reaching the top.

6 Likes

Actually, you can get the counter running by jet-climbing straight up. It’s a glitch, certainly, and it’s not easy to do. But I managed to hit the top of a high pillar (and obviously ascend right on until the jetpack was almost depleted) with 10 seconds already on the timer (timer did not reset because jetpack was still firing from the climb without turning off). Had ramped it up to something like 36 seconds until I hit the ground.

It took a few attempts, and if it hadn’t worked, I guess my next attempt would have involved climbing up there with the minotaur, using it as a booster to eject when its jets are gone, and then use the jetpack for some more. Might have worked, don’t know…

6 Likes

I did it like this, because we can …

I don’t believe this is a bug actually, check tooltip :wink:

7 Likes

Whenever I tried using the jetpack, the seconds counter would reset to zero. I found it impossible using jets, or even some jet assistance. Only falling would work.

4 Likes

Sorry I can’t tell what this depicts, you jetpacked into a ceiling corner …?

3 Likes

Yes, basically build a corner like that and use jetpack until the milestone completes

4 Likes

The minotaur slips on steep slopes, other exocraft handle them much better.

2 Likes

Yes, but they don’t have rockets that go straight up… Well, a jump might have helped, not sure. Main problem was that the bloody needle I was jumping off of didn’t have enough area on the top to summon the minotaur, otherwise this would probably have been the first thing I tried…

Which tooltip?

2 Likes

I didn’t find a tooltip either.

But basically a corner with a roof, it worked for me too.

2 Likes

Freefall from a frigate.

5 Likes

I edited the title. :wink:

2 Likes

Just curious, but has your save actually converted to a ‘normal mode’ already?

For all I know this is not supposed to happen just yet, not until the season actually ends.

3 Likes

I don’t think so.

I was careful with my wording on this issue. If you look at my original post, you’ll find “when the game told me it had converted to a normal save”. And so it did. But I strongly suspect that the actual conversion doesn’t happen until the 6 week period of Expeditions 3 is over.

This is what the game told me:

There’s also this:

4 Likes

Ah yes, and that last yellow checkbox is still unticked in the Log, right?

Yeah, looks all good as it should be. Conversion will happen at season end

3 Likes

Lol. I was wondering if we were ever going to go back on topic. Didnt expect the topic to change instead :joy:

(Not much to say on the override anyways. lol)

5 Likes

How did you completed the Rocket man achievement ? I did it but I had to cheat a little : no matter how many upgrades I had, I never could get to 30 seconds flight time :frowning:

1 Like

If you read through the previous entries in this thread, you’ll find that many of them are people’s descriptions of how they achieved Rocket Man. There are lots of different methods - some of them quite imaginative.

2 Likes

Found a very tall mountain and built a lot of stairs at the edge then free falled to the bottom …:slight_smile:

2 Likes