Stasis Device vs Fusion Igniter

Nice breakdown for both high value products! I would however not consider the Glass clicks to be a consideration, as you can adjust the amount to craft, and there is more that needs to be considered when crafting Fusion Ignitors and/or Stasis Devices. The 3 gasses aside, both also require localised earth elements, where Fusion Ignitors mostly require the high tier (Pyrite/Uranium/Ammonia) in comparison to Stasis Devices (Dioxite/Phosphorus/Paraffinium).

I think preference will in the end mostly boil down to how you decide to craft some of the intermediate products, taking refining recipes/resources into account. It also comes down to availability of some of the products required, as you do not always have to craft/refine. I personally have always combined my high end product setups with Frigate Fleet missions, as they bring back some really useful products, which will save you a lot of time effort refining/crafting. This is not for everyone of course, but I’d certainly advise looking into this, especially with the super easy teleportation we have nowadays. I have personally always found a combination to work best, considering you can not rely on what your fleet brings to the table. Having a bit of both worked wonders, and fleet produce sort of evens out, with a slight preference towards Stasis Devices if I recall correctly (it’s been a while).

With teleportation being mentioned, you can save yourself quite a few clicks (and running about) with some smart use of Short Range Teleporters to make harvesting a piece of cake. I’d also like to mention that each dome can use all 16 spots nowadays, without any issue or tricks required. In the past it would indeed take away a few slots by default, when creating connections to the domes. This is no longer the case that I am aware of, which you might want to try. Not to mention you can of course easily create a connection from the bottom to avoid this to begin with.

If you are really into trickery, you can do some glitch building and fill your domes to the brim with crops. There is technically not even a requirement for crops to be placed in the spots created for them. Harvesting is just an area based event, which is roughly the size of the full dome, if not slightly larger :wink: If you have trigger happy fingers, you can even fast click a few crops in the same default spots as well. Of course some true magic would totally ruin the fun, if you start to use tools or do some save editing, but it can do the job for sure :magic_wand: I personally prefer an aesthetically pleasing look though, with perhaps just a slight hint of magic … lol

I am happy to see how high end products have become a renewed interest again, after some of the latest changes. I have always found it a very interesting process to work out and attempt to maximise profits from. Emphasis on the process though, because once you start to master it, you soon become filthy rich to the point you can’t handle more units. Your build looks great, loving the layout and inclusion of the Trays as well. I can see you are having fun with the process as well :slight_smile: Keep at it and share your results, especially curious about your ways of doing the other half of this full process, the gasses, cobalt, localised earth elements, the refining/crafting. Welcome back …

Oh and feel free to pay Santa’s Hideout a visit and see if you can draw some inspiration.
See: Base Building and Settlements - #22 by DevilinPixy

8 Likes