Star Wars/Sci -Fi Movies and Series

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t get it, is he dressed as Doctor Who?

1 Like

He finally made it to Tosche station to pick up that power converter. :rofl:

7 Likes

Ohhh :laughing:

3 Likes

Lol brilliant

3 Likes
3 Likes

To echo the words of @kyle-culver , look! Disney accidentally made some cool stuff about Star Wars.

3 Likes

Soooo… This is basically the animatrix, but for star wars? Yeah, I dig that. A lot. Took them long enough to realize people might be interested in things like that. I mean, people have been clamoring for something like this only since the original clone wars series…

3 Likes
1 Like

Ooh, someone is giving JMS free reign to make a new show? Sign me up :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wait, whaaaa?
I’m not quite sure what to think of that. The old show was very, very good… Replace the CGI scenes and it still holds up.
A retelling with completely new actors… I’m gonna get used to it, I guess, but I’m gonna have a hard time at first, I think.

2 Likes

I am tired of reboots, remakes and sequels. They almost always either fall short of the originals or actually deconstruct to it unwatchable proportions. I am almost certain that this will be the same sort of thing.

Sorry for the pessimism, but this trend has been nearly without fail since 2015. (There are always a few exceptions to every rule.)

6 Likes

But the weird ones are reboots made by other people… This would be a reboot by the original producer / story writer.
Basically giving him a second chance without, hopefully, half the actors dying or quiting or falling ill half way through. In the nineties, JMS had to re-write the story several times to accommodate for stoopid real-life interferences. And also, he’s made other good shows since then, or at least shows that I liked, so I am looking forward to anything he releases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Babylon 5 is one of my favorite shows. I have watched it multiple times and was recently thinking about watching it again. This announcement is exciting and cringe worthy at the same time. It will be very difficult to warm up to new faces on every character. If the “story blender” to get something “fresh” is used then I just don’t feel like it will be Babylon 5. I wish they would take the story far enough into the future to eliminate the need for past character appearances and move forward. There is so much more story to tell without messing with the original.

4 Likes

Just a heads up for those that haven’t seen Babylon 5 or would like to rewatch it. It is available on HBOMax. However, you will have to search for it. Its not a part of any list, not even action or sci-fi.

3 Likes

The Book of Boba Fett is now available. It was interesting. Explains a few things. From sarlacc pit to underdog/crime lord. His character has a soft side that emerges from his own experiences. The intro episode also explains his connection to the sand people, Tusken Raiders.

“the tragedy that emerges between the haves and the have-nots.”

Mos Espa

3 Likes

Chapter 2 from the Book of Boba Fett
Camie and Fixer are still waiting for Luke at Tosche Station

Black Krrsantan, a former gladiator and bounty hunter for Jabba. He and Boba likely know each other, at least by rep.

And Boba is a full member of the Tusken Raiders.
This chapter continues Boba’s flashbacks. While some complain, (too much of that these days), I am enjoying this a lot. Boba is becoming a very complex person who has a code of honor that is uniquely his own.

2 Likes

Chapter 3
Boba Fett has a gang of street urchins and pet rancor that he wants to ride. :smile:I love it!

Observations and Easter eggs

• I briefly thought we were going to get a flashback sequence to young Boba on Kamino, but that would’ve required some expensive CGI trickery since actor Daniel Logan is too old to play him at such a young age. He was 15 in Attack of the Clones, and is 34 now.
  • The flashback gives the origin story of Mos Eisley’s stormtrooper helmets on spears, which featured prominently in The Mandalorian’s season 1 marketing. Turns out some guy put them up, how exciting.
  • In the shot with those helmets, mechanic Peli Motto (Amy Sedaris) and her pit droids can be seen strolling in the background. She befriended Mando and Grogu in season 1 of the Mandalorian, and showed up again in season 2.
  • The rancor keeper mentions the Witches of Dathomir riding the beasts - this group of Force users plays a major role in The Clone Wars.
  • The painting that’s destroyed in the chase is a piece of concept art for Jabba’s throne room, by legendary designer Ralph McQuarrie.
  • There are two lovely establishing shots of Jabba’s palace in this episode; one features a spider-like B’omarr monk and the other sees a chameleon-looking creature having a late-night snack.
    The Book of Boba Fett episode 3 recap: Star Wars crime war spills onto Tatooine's streets - CNET
    Asajj Ventress, from the Clone Wars, is from a Witches of Dathomir clan, the Nightsisters Season 3 Episode 12
2 Likes

I’m liking the show a lot so far. As with the Mandalorian, I can certainly nitpick things, but overall I think it’s quite good. Love all those little easter eggs - got a huge kick outta the one last week with Luke’s friends at Tosche Station from the Star Wars deleted scene.

Spoiler about the Tusken Raiders story this week:

The direction of the main story so far has been Boba Fett learning about the Tatooine underworld power structures, and assembling his own style of organization to successfully take over. This very episode he adds a small biker gang to his slowly-growing entourage. So, I was very surprised at the decision to wipe out Boba’s Tusken clan! I was so sure they were setting them up for their surprise return at a critical moment to help Boba overcome his rivals. Ultimately establishing a Dune-esque idea of the true power over Tatooine depending on it’s native peoples. I suppose the story may still go that way (I recall seeing more spoilery sandpeople scenes somewhere), but it seems like it would have been more impactful with his original clan.

2 Likes

I feel like the clan’s destruction is a strong motivating factor in the direction Fett will take. Hopefully the story will lead us to the discovery of not only who destroyed them but also lead to uncovering a larger threat.
It is interesting that the actor playing Fett(Tamuera Morrison) is a Maori from New Zealand and was trained in traditional rituals including dancing. He has channeled that into his portrayal of Fett.
My only complaint with this episode is with the candy-colored Mopeds, the mayor’s winged Cadillac and the slo-mo chase thru town. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes