(Spoilers) My theory on why the ARG is not yet over, and where it goes next

I’m trying to find a handy resource for the new lore but so far there doesn’t seem to be a handy source just yet, any of the usual ones are horrendously outdated now as of 1.3. Havent seen any rememberance terminals.

Speaking of, I’ve cleared the atlas path, got heart of sun back but no recipe for rememberance :frowning:

I can actually repeat the end stage by going to anomaly, asking them to point out an atlas path, and then when I get there I can birth yet another star -_-

3 Likes

Oh dear indeed. Complicated? This is a mess of conflicting, contradictory information. With the Rememberance Lore, we get a rather touching sequence of things. And what we live through is… this.

• A sentient computer going rogue and seizing control, and driving everyone crazy
  • Calls for help from out of an apparent time loop
  • Aliens of unknown origin and nature coming to Earth
  • Area 51, what’s up with that, Mulder?
  • A Simulation which seems to be our ultimate destiny, and which has some serious problems

I don’t have time to play Mulder because my idiot job beckons, but some of this stuff just doesn’t make a lick of sense. Whether flawed memories, bad data, misinformation or what, some of it is wrong. If I have time, I need to pour over… everything. I hope someone smarter than I am does, because there’s some crucial piece/pieces we’re missing…

@toddumptious, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you submitted a bug report, because you have a few things to look forward to.

1 Like

I’m exactly at that same point! Torn between a restart, fixing the recipe with save-editor or waiting for a fix… I might use a combination of 1 and 2 to get me back where I was.
Every time I reload, the (final?) interface is there, or close, ready to take the Heart, birth a star, show a neat holo-map and… Nothing.
I keep getting the feeling Emily wants me (us?) to do something in Euclid, yet…

2 Likes

I have the remembrance recipe, i can see the terminals BUT i don’t have the 3rd orb recipe so can’t craft the heart of sun.
We should come at a space station and with our ability we’ll be able to do something :stuck_out_tongue: (need a coop part for this ^^)
Anyway, i hope the next patch will fix our quests.

1 Like

I got the recipe for Remembrance after I completed The Purge (I think). Certainly well before I finished the Atlas Path.

And before you ask, I’ve no real idea how The Purge works. It just sort of happened, and then it stopped happening. The only things I can say are:

1. It seems to be linked to warp jumps.
  2. It seems to be linked to the end of the Artemis quest.
2 Likes

Did you have to pick (and move to) a new galaxy before getting the Rememrance?

No. Still in Euclid. I’m not sure what triggered the recipe - the game sometimes delays these things while it thinks about stuff.

It was (I think) after the end of either the Artemis quest or the Purge - I was on a planet, looking for more Plutonium, when a flag popped up telling me to make “Remembrance”. Then I couldn’t find the recipe (because it’s a suit upgrade, not a craftable item).

1 Like

Well, got my Artemis locked on a loop for future exploit, alright… Far from intending to approach the center, my Purge doesn’t show a count… Maybe I was too merciful with that Atlas girl…

2 Likes

I just went home when the prompt told me to ‘head to the centre’. Not planning on risking a jammed game…plus my plants needed watering. :smile:

So far no glitches or bugs…
except for falling into the workings of Polo & Nada’s Station.
Took a pic from below before reloading, since its a rare insight into the workings of their Anomaly Station.
I did have to do a lot of warping partway through the Artimis quest when the quest locator moved to a way off system. Bit of a grind and wasnt sure if it was an intentional part of the quest or a jump-bug.
Ended ok anyway.

After the purge yes. It popped up when i was scanning a mineral.

It popped up for me the same way, except I was leaving my base to work on it

All in all that’s natural. We do our tasks and… dang! “hey, i remember something” :wink:

2 Likes

So I should get rememberance during the artemis questline and not the atlas path? Thats probably why I don’t have it, havent done artemis quest on my survival save yet (and my normal save, the atlas path is entirely bugged out haha)

I have not gotten the remembrance yet. I am paused just before the Purge in the Artemis story and with only one atlas station of the new atlas path (which seemed to be a part of the Artemis story).

I am curious when it is supposed to show up. The timing seems to be a bit random from what I am hearing.

I got the recipe after the Purge. I decided to not reset. Atlas threw me out onto a pleasant garden world, and I believe right after I scanned, the recipe screen popped up.

1 Like

ATTENTION all lol

I know it is not over … it is a loop.

Atlas does not die. Someone stops the clock at 1 minute. Something is stalking the Traveler. Every NPC in the game except the Sentinels says they will protect the Traveler.

I’ve done the Remembrance story, the rare planet story.
The information repeats alot.

yes it does indicate something else is coming.

3 Likes

I evidently have a lot to discover yet. I suppose I’d better get to those missions…

I have to say that I hate how so many things have been swept under the rug.

Summary

I was hoping to be able to visit Artemis At Nada and Polo’s station, but I can’t. He doesn’t message me anymore. No one does. In particular, Artemis and Apollo should message me every so often. Apollo hasn’t resolved squat in his quest for knowledge. He should still be sending me on missions. And Transmission Towers should still be scattered around. I feel really lonely now.

Hopefully this stuff will recur in 1.4 or a later 1.3 update. That shouldn’t all be put away like it was just a dream.

1 Like

We know the rare planets seem to have some kind of connection to Atlas or the Sentinels, as you stumble on two when you do the Artemis quest
Theory: It might be :null: coming after us.

which I call the BlackHole of programming: you put in and poof gone forever!!! lol

1 Like

wait, so there are people who actually thought that was the end of the ARG?