SPOILER: Starbirth (Melody of the Egg arc)

Fly in your living ship and pulse through space. You’ll eventually encounter an egg. Shoot it for a random living ship upgrade.

5 Likes

Want another Living Ship? Here is how to get one. Place another Void Egg in your inventory and head into space.

Summary

10 Likes

Well, I got my ship as well, about 30 minutes ago. I think I enjoyed that, though like others here, I wish the wait was <24 hours as I too had to skip a whole day as the last one was like 4am.

I think I enjoyed it more because I’ve never actually used a manual portal before, so that was new, with the puzzle of what to enter into it as an address.

Did the original egg planet yield anything yet? Or was it just a test system for experimental?

4 Likes

Here’s mine. Did the timewarp on the PS4 as I will not have time to play tomorrow. I able to get around the debris ship bug but using a manual save, then jumping into my old ship for an auto save prior to picking up #2.

10 Likes

Stats:

Summary

8 Likes

I just realised I will need to come up with a name soon. :thinking:

The writer who wrote the story for NEXT, was he on only temporarily? The new dialog is more mundane in comparison.

So, the space whales are conscious but can’t reproduce by themselves; and the Korvax stopped producing them. Until the day the QS-merchant, who until recently was only able to synthesise potted plants and trinkets, decides to take a correspondence class in advanced egg laying. He’s not the travelling type, but knows that eggs that sing of alien worlds will sell like crack to travellers.

And now I ask for rare sentients to apply for the job as my secondary starship (it’s practically a job interview) and if I decline, I leave a rare sentient lying on a crash site? Tsk. They could have at least reskinned it as a nest. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
After you leave, does the crash site revert back to a non-sentient crash site, or can anyone claim this sentient ship now?

5 Likes

I wondered about that as well. Also, it does not technically live until you interact with it. Then you still have to bond with it. I found a 3rd and 4th one. Left the 4th one untouched. My hatched ship is still my favorite.

3 Likes

Wow nice! You got an S Liveship.
I know they come in all classes so scoring an S is a bonus.
Mine are still incubating (multiple saves).

EDIT: not correct, was miss-informed

6 Likes

Actually, … all Living Ships are S-Class with 22/21 slots for inventory/tech.

It is the upgrade modules you get from Egg Pulse events that vary in class.

5 Likes

Ahh, Ok, I stand corrected.
I read somewhere their colour gave away their class.
Yellow was S, Purple was A etc etc.
Looking forward to meeting mine…

5 Likes

They are basically a new type of Exotic, with their own specific mechanic for upgrading.

4 Likes

That’s racist :smiling_imp:

I took screenshots of one and the colour changed depending how the sun was angled. And one poster claimed that they grow up and change colour over time…? Or did he see it in the daylight of a different star and the colour reflected differently…?

4 Likes

I have heard a number of things, none of which I am convinced are true. For instance, they get bored… not enough warping, etc…

3 Likes

Maybe there should be a thread for living ship discussions?

What can I put in the organic chamber and where to get these upgrades?

Where to upgrade the ship? Augmented upgrades don’t work, nor does money. New alien worlds or stations?

Does the relic warp gates take you anywhere new if you keep following them to the centre of the galaxy?

5 Likes

Just pulse jet around and hope for a signal. Giant void eggs in space. Shoot em up!
And yes, a thread for living ships is a good idea. Can not do it myself right this minute.

5 Likes

Good idea. Just created the topic now while I had a moment.

[Living Ships]

3 Likes

Interesting how the living Ships take on colors related to the location/light source.

4 Likes

PSA : you can upgrade up to S, only with nanites, your Living ship upgrades once you have it. I won’t spoil how you can have it though…

3 Likes

Phew, I got mine. :slight_smile:

I would like to post a screenshot but… the colours were different on each picture (I moved the sun to get better contrast).

Yellow. Blue. Pink. It’s a chameleon tadpole!

(PS Hm did this forum decrease the image quality? it looks better in full-size)

12 Likes

If your ship does not suit your taste, opt for the first leave choice. You’ll get back your void egg and can retry!

6 Likes