So how many save have you got?

I have 3 saves.

I have my LEGACY save which has been in existence forever. I relocated my base during the NEXT update (after Atlas Rises) & added little bits to it as updates required (electrics, teleporter) but have left it close to what it was before. What are you doing to prepare for the NEXT chapter? - #20 by Mad-Hatter
There are a few ‘outpost’ bases’ but at the moment nothing lavish. The Command Ship is heavily decorated & fully equipped…
That game is pretty much fully ‘awakened’ with every milestone, tech, upgrade etc.
I treat that save in an honest manner with my character having integrity, utilizing frigate missions & Storm Crystal harvesting as a way of keeping the previously aquired fortune abundant.
I use this game for weekend missions & ‘storing’ unlocked quicksilver rewards.

I have a PIRATE save which is a leftover from the pirate expedition. It has most tech & but no main missions & I prioritise varied play, using trade & smuggling as my character’s main way of making some income although there have been instances of blatant piracy earlier on.
My character doesn’t focus on being a pirate in particular but doesn’t really care if things get feisty either.
I do aim for better standing with races & factions so I’d class this game as more neutral than my other 2 saves.
Bases are lavish & each incorporates a mud hut as a bedroom. All tech is unlocked in this one.
Just a chill game that I use for exploring, weekend missions and gradually improve in a lazy unfocussed way.
Currently fixing up a little red Royal Exotic.

My 3rd save is my SCAVENGER save and is the most recent one & is the leftover of my second playthrough of the Sentience Expedition.
My character is the Atlantid headed robot & this game is being played in a survivalist manner with no hording of anything much (other than upgrades) and it is played in a day by day style where I just grab as I go.
No ethics beyond survival…He’s a ‘droid’ so logic overrides other decisions. I think he’ll evolve into a bounty-hunter & generally be inclined to disregard standing in favour of profitability & continued existance. Not evil but certainly not nice.
Not sure where I’m going with this one really as being unpleasant isn’t really a gamestyle I go for usually.
I think I will run this one through to the next galaxy via the Atlas missions and just allow it to always be fairly basic and therefore a bit more challenging. Then at some point I’ll go on a ‘shopping spree’ and get lots of building & tech upgrades.

I’ve found the less advanced saves actually more fun because there are challenges. Once you have a save bolstered to maximum, everything becomes a cakewalk & becomes boringly easy.

Edited to add details, link etc.

9 Likes