RaYRoD Immersion Update (It's out!)

Very well, I installed the mod again. Here’s a screen of the mods folder:

Not sure what you’d want with my PCBANKS folder. Nothing in there has been touched except that I deleted DISABLEMODS.txt, obviously.

I’m still having infinite jetpack (or again, rather). Not so sure about the falling damage, though. It seems to be there, but I’m falling a t a glacial pace on my current planet. If that’s the new default I don’t like it so much, but if he put some kind of gravity emulation in there that would actually be neat.
Also not sure if the resources are as ubiquitous as I thought. It seems like the scanning range is increased, that would explain why I’m seeing that much stuff.
Then there’s two more annoying things: I can’t see my hazard/livesupport gauge in the lower left. It’s just not there.
And I can’t load my game. That one surprised me too. As instructed I saved my game on my freighter, installed the mod and started without issues, flew down to a planet, tried some things out, quit to desktop, and when trying to get back in now it loads the game, but crashes right after the fade to white at the end of the loading process.

Edit:

Started a new game to check out the behavior. That game is reloadable, and does indeed not have unlimited jetpack. Either it’s a bug with the pre-existing game, or having all jetpack upgrades gives you unlimited fuel.
Still can’t see my hazard gauges, though.

Another edit: So life support is now chargeable by all isotopes, and hazard protection by all oxides. I made one single mod for myself when this game came out, and that was that life support and hazard protection was only chargable by crafted items (not even thamium and zinc). (and weapons only chargeable with plasma). It looks like this mod just isn’t for me, sorry. It looks great, and if there would be a pack with only the biomes without altering any of the fundamental mechanics I would totally dig it, but nice looks are, in the end, the least factor of immersion for me. What really immerses me is when a game forces me to plan and think ahead, and this mod just seems to reduce that.
Mad props to Rayrod for all the work heput into this, but him and me really don’t have the same vision of what the game should be like. And since I don’t put in the time and effort to mold it to my likings, I shan’t complain about that. :smile:

Well, you gave it a try… There is a Theta upgrade now that lets you have infinite jetpack, apparently. But you have to willingly install that. Maybe an old-save bug, yeah…
It’s a work-in-progress one-demigod-operation, after all… The balancing act will probably have to come later, but
the only way is for people to tell him this kind of feedback… yours can be used to cater for that kind of experience in the future, and it has been heard.

In the words of the creator:

“-The Overhaul mod is not intended to make gameplay easier. It is actually intended to make gameplay more challenging (and there are numerous aspects to it that already does) on all modes, except Creative mode. However, I am still in the process of balancing out the resources, and other things that make the game feel too “cheaty”. Some things have been altered to prevent getting trapped within the game’s new style of generation and gameplay. It is also important to note, as the disclaimer says that this is an unstable test build for testing and bug reporting. It is not in a “fully ready/finished state” and everything is in a consistent transition. This version has been released because a lot of people have been patiently waiting and eager to test with it. The current state of the mod is not my ultimate vision for this project, however, I am working on (the areas that I may have missed) with little to no breaks. A new version will be pushed out soon, but even then, if there are any issues or differences of preference… (as ALSO mentioned) per the disclaimer, feel free to let me know; as I’ve always been willing to tailor make adjustments… given that it’s feasible, reasonable, and not too time-consuming._”

2 Likes

New version out!
‘Immersion Update’ v1.2 (Key change) Log

Fixes:

• Fixed numerous flying down to planet crashes (If you encounter any more, refer to "Bug Reporting.txt) for instructions on how to specifically report this to me directly. This is a dynamic issue.
  • Fixed numerous warp crashes (If you encounter any more, refer to "Bug Reporting.txt) for instructions on how to specifically report this to me directly.
  • Fixed numerous ecology related crashes
  • Fixed numerous creature model related crashes around (14) fixes
  • Fixed various cave related crashes
  • Fixed numerous crashes relating to sparsed faulty model assets (that are now fixed)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while looking through the creatures discovery menu
  • Fixed a crash that occurred from ambient spawn warp-ins
  • Fixed flora with red square textures around it
  • Fixed numerous material related crashes that were dynamic
  • Fixed certain biomes that got messed up (right before the mods release after recent changes). Stuff like, some assets being too huge, or all over the place, or laggy. - Please report this to me, if you find any more with a screenshot.
  • Removed redundant ship cards at trade stations
  • Fixed an invisible collision glitch with a particular underwater biome
  • Fixed various grass texture bleeding issues. (I am still looking for more)
  • Fixed various models that had a red square texture around them
  • Fixed a few missing buildings that would show up as waypoints (please report to me, if you see any more)
  • Fixed awkward scaling of the E3 style inventory

New Features:

• New scorched style, forest type biome
  • New procedural frozen forest type biome
  • Water has been improved even further, thanks to TemplarGFX for the most recent changes. Looking upwards from underwater no longer looks too bright, and things become darker the deeper that you traverse underwater.
  • Further worked terrain to reduce over saturated “snake-like” terrain and spherical terrain… alongside adding various superformula elements.

Improvements:

• Added back the planetary glow, and slightly improved the crescents on planets.
  • Re-added Eclipses by Lo2k
  • Nighttime is dark, but no longer too dark.
  • Balanced about Ambient Ai spawns in space
  • Adjusted the overall game brightness a bit more
  • Added a subtle transparent Atlas Icon to better fit the Atmospheric Atlases, converted to fully functional space stations.
  • Fixed missing resources on some planets.
  • Resources and resource plants are no longer too common.
  • Biome Color Palette adjustments
  • Slight FPS boost

Random changes:

• Added an optional "Default UI+Inventory file into Optional Mods\Core Mod Removals+User Recommended\Default UI + HUD
  • Pre-Atlas Rises biomes (PS4 RC1, 2016, Foundation, PathFinder) biomes can now have the ground textures from those versions again and also the newer textures. Although the newer textures are different, the old ones had their own kind of variety and style.

Note: This overhaul version now consists of two files. “No Man’s Sky - RaYRoD’s Overhaul (Core Mod - Part 1)” and “No Man’s Sky - RaYRoD’s Overhaul (Core Mod - Part 2 - Assets)”. BOTH of these files are required to use the mod.

3 Likes

Would love to see some screenshots from these modded worlds…
Sounds vey cool.

1 Like

Aww I should buy myself a pc… I guess No Man’s Sky on pc with mods is a completely different experience… hmm… maybe next year I’ll get myself one…

I was wondering about getting an HP Omen… sounds ok to you guys?

2 Likes

Not familiar with HP Omen. Cos I live on an island things like PCs or music equipment is very expensive, my whole life I wanted a top of the range pc but could never afford it.

Two years ago I took out a personal loan and got a pc custom built. One of the better purchases of my life, could do so much with it and could run no mans sky when it comes out :smiley:

I finished loan payments in February this year and the PSU blew the same week I was unfairly dismissed from work :joy:

So now my pc just sits there, waiting. Hoping to have it fixed in time to play Next with some of the
PC based ETARCians.

There was meaning to this tale… Oh yeah, high end PCs are totally worth it, even if it breaks and needs repair, theyre worth it and I still dunno what a HP omen is.

As for NMS with mods, absolutely different experience, I only tried some very early still sorta buggy ones before 1.2 but was crazy, however I found myself removing most and returning to vanilla, keeping maybe some decal mods and a giant construct mod that was kinda cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if i’d be able to play without the trading post in Civilzation from @Redmas modpack

2 Likes

That’s an awesome Trading Post.
I can see why you like it so much.

1 Like

hahah that’s insane!!

It brings so much life onto planets. Without breaking the balance which is the most important.

1 Like

Sure! This was some of the stuff I found…

The sexy Multitools are my doing… :necktie:

5 Likes

I’ve got one, though I think there’s two GPU options. I have the lower one. Works perfectly fine for NMS in 720p (as it does for pretty much any game that has to run on a PS4), but if you want full HD I’d recommend something with a bit more power.

1 Like