POLL: The Expansive Age-Range of NMS

A couple more Atari 2600 games just arrived :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Ah yes, pinball games! For years, I keep saying I’m going to get one or two but trying to find someone to fix them in my area would be near impossible. The desire is strong though. For me the era of the pinball games and arcades were tops for me and playing pinball is still my favorite above everything except maybe arcarde Donkey Kong lol!

3 Likes

And more incoming :slight_smile:

A couple more Atari 2600 cartridges

A couple of Philips G7000 cartridges

Might hook up the Philips soon, once everything has been given some time to acclimatize.

9 Likes

I had most of those 2600 games. Wonderful times. Thanks for the nostalgic pictures.

And then I saw Pitfall II !!! When did that happen? I must investigate…

6 Likes

Oh yea, two player Joust, lets go. And I’ve never seen Pitfall ?2? either. Man, I got to find my MAME games. I had most of these on a PC using an emulator back in the late 90’s. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Pinball machines have been a huge hobby of mine for a couple of years. Due to circumstances I had to give up on them several years ago. I still plan to get a couple again. Not sure which ones though, as there are many cool ones. I do however think I would now prefer those from the 80s or even earlier electro-mechanical.

I started the hobby with a friend of mine by buying a Gottlieb - Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (1978). It did not function and needed to be restored/cleaned, but cheap because of it. We sold it with a profit which lead us to buying others. We continued doing so and making some nice profits over time, growing our collection. I think we had at some point been through about 100 or so machines. We learned our way around and with me working in an Arcade center, I could get parts for cheap. I also have reasonable skills when it comes to electronics, so that sure helped.

I will add some images of pinball machines we/I used to own below. I sure miss those times and playing them.

Images

Bally - Elektra (1981)

Bally - Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy (1976)

Bally / Midway - Adams Family (Special Edition/gold) (1992)

Bally / Midway - Twilight Zone (1993)

Stern - Orbitor 1 (1982)

Williams - Big Guns(1987)

Williams - Diner (1990)

Williams - Pinbot (1986)

Williams - The Machine (bride of Pinbot) (1991)

Williams - Riverboat Gambler (1990)

Williams - Road Show (1994)

The below images showing various machines, were taken during a tournament I had organised.

… and many more …

11 Likes

OMG !!!
Are these yours @DevilinPixy

AWESOME!!!

2 Likes

They used to be … :frowning_face:

4 Likes

aww… and why’s that?

1 Like

Sometimes we ended up with something different.

Like this Jubilee one-armed bandit, penny slot machine, fully mechanical, besides lighting.

Or a video arcade game, like this Circus (1977) made by Exidy.

Was actually fun to play. Here is a video showing the game. The display was black/white, but plastic transparent strips made the balloons show in colour.

10 Likes

I’ll leave it at circumstances if you don’t mind. A bit too personal to explain here on a public forum.

1 Like

oh sorry… of course !

2 Likes

Going off the people in the pinball photos, this was either in the 90’s, or very recently in Germany XD

I spent an entire summer on that adams family pinball machine, was at some boring resort with parents and it was all they had for kids, fortunately I was the only kid so didn’t have to fight over it except for the occasional drunk.

5 Likes

The Heathkit came with 640K ram expandable to 1024K.
If I ordered that ram it would cost over $200.
I bought the ram for $25 while walking around downtown Tokyo.

5 Likes

Must have been pretty close to 2000. The tournament was held at a friend’s place because he had the room for it. Was in a village close to Alkmaar, The Netherlands

1 Like

The Philips works great, woot! Who wants to challenge me?

7 Likes

I’ve never even played pinball… :laughing:

4 Likes

Where is the hamster ? :smiley:

4 Likes

Ask Pinky :joy:

1 Like

That’s so cool! I love pinball tables, always wanted one, Are they difficult to refurbish?

1 Like