PDF July 24

Def not a magic eye. Been a long time since i did them. Checked google images to see if i could pick up a few real quick. No worries. This…theres nothing haha. So you said you saved it as a jpg so people could “see” it. Is the original a png or transparent image?

No, it’s a .PSD image, embedded in a PDF file.
(edit) Or at least that’s what Photoshop Elements tells me - it could be converting it into its own format.

Ok so psd’s have transparency too. Did you see if you could open the layers up? If it were noise it should have more variation.

1 Like

This is Photoshop Elements we’re talking about here. No layers showing up when I look.

The PDF probably needs dismantling with the Pro version of Acrobat.

Ok all good. I cant jump onto my pc till like 10 hours from now to try anything haha. Maybe someone else with the right tools might be able to break it down. Thanks for looking though. :slight_smile:

There’s stuff in some of the other PDFs, too. But it’s tiny.

These are the only elements that can be extracted from the file. Both png.

ok so 1.4mb and 2.6mb explain the big file size
the 1.4mb one being odd still though

Ok. Tiled texture works with it. If you copy the whole image, place copies on top, next to and below, it should look seemless

ekult being the Multiverse employee # “LEET” maybe we should trust him and dig further! :slight_smile:

(BTW: He made a puzzling thread here : https://forums.etarc.org/t/five-hundred-million-little-bells/1665 that unfortunately went pretty much unnoticed.)

If the psd has transparency, can we try to fold it on itself?

1 Like

Already subtly suggested that.

lol, no, last thing i wanna do is lead people down dead ends. It seems the pdf is just an inefficient size, so i needed the community help again :stuck_out_tongue:

If I’ve learned one thing about the combination of Waking Titan and NMS, it’s that nothing is what it seems.

1 Like

fair enough!

(why do I have that “trustno1” feeling right now … :wink: )

That being said, that “star cloud” file is still interesting, it’s pretty much useless as far as the pdf rendering is concerned… Done in a hurry while moderating the 9000 picts, or a puzzle within the puzzle?

8 Likes

Ran the image through a threshold tool to see if at some point some of the noise coalesces into recognisable shapes. They don’t.

2 Likes

You can also find these in some of the other PDF files. The originals are very small - I’ve enlarged them a lot.

Test2

I’m reading through that now.
There’s quite a bit that could be somehow utilized within the WT puzzle or relates to NMS…
Living on an asteroid. Alone, crashed in a hostile environment. etc ctc…
Didn’t expect that in a child’s story.
I’ll keep reading…

Using Stegsolve’s Random color map, it looks like there are possibly more structured blocks in the image.(Or maybe it’s more noise, or an artifact from compression – the file was a PPM extracted from the PDF, and then converted to JPG.

1 Like

The image is used to add the style effect to the letters/text, to make it look old or worn.

Edit: Best visible when zooming in on the TOP SECRET at the top of the document.

6 Likes