No Man Sky is Loop16/Emily's dream

When the twitch feed says dreaming we get a screenshot of NMS. So, is intance16status Emily?
Are the sentinels her way of protecting the simulation/dream? Is NMS her dream? Is it a simulation of what will be?

ooc: This was also a nice way for Sean to remove himself from the front-man of marketing, now Emily can do it. “Come become an echo and join my dream.”

2 Likes

I think your spot on about NMS being not just a simulation but a dream of the sentient AI Emily/Loop16. An answer to Asimov’s electric sheep question if you will.

The sentinels are even more of a mystery now, was it Emily her self who brought them into existence? or the creation of sentient beings within the dream? or from something or somewhere else…

edit - The dream also explains why she has taken on the Atlas persona in game, if she wakes up the dream is gone, so Emily/Loop16/Atlas can never wake :frowning:

2 Likes

It seems like the Sentinels are more sinister than we originally knew. Reading some of the logs in the WK console makes them seem like a malevolent force rather than the simple “eco robots” we were led to believe.

2 Likes

Perhaps, the sentinels were not part of Loop16’s simulation but were virus from Atlas foundation to take down the simulation, and later hacked by Loop16 to protect the simulation.

1 Like

Could be, could be. Although before Emily became awake, Loop 16 had already diagnosed that we are living in a simulation.

Couple that with some of the early questions “Is it possible for a simulation to contain more complexity than itself?”, and it raises the possibility that Emily is going to create a new simulation, in order to break us out of the simulation we’re already in.

Convoluted, I know. but it makes some sort of sense to me.

4 Likes