NMS Waypoint

I think I might check that tonight.

4 Likes

new build fixes saves while in space apparently.

Fixed an issue that could leave some players floating in space when reloading their save.

4 Likes

Ah, you got stuck while landing, not while launching. I have to admit, that never happened to me so farā€¦

4 Likes

Some time back, I was sheltering from a lightning storm, in my ship, parked on the ground.

My ship was struck by lightning, and I was killed.

I was reconstituted on the anomaly, in space, above the planet on which I died. My ship had come with me, but the drive engine was damaged, and had to be repaired. All of my inventories were intact - there was no grave.

5 Likes

You were vaporized. :right_anger_bubble: :dash:

6 Likes

Now thereā€™s a story to hand down to the grand-kids! Amazing that you got to keep your inventory contents.

5 Likes

So, for science, I died, several times, while on an anomaly mission.

The mission involved a missing traveler. It took me to this planet, a moon. As usual, I was side tracked by various interesting plants and animals and a fallen grave of another traveler and a small quest by another unrelated traveler inside an observation post.

I decided the best/easiest/closest way of dying was to get puffed to death by a puffer plant. Proof shown.

Upon my resurrection, I picked up my grave and discovered that the mission was still active inside the mission log.

Ok, now to try dying in my space ship. So I flew underground in my ship. Hereā€™s the pic. Itā€™s a bit dark what with it being underground and, er, dark. Enhanced image enclosed.

Eventually after much head banging, I died. I was transported to what looked like a previous crash, but not my own, with my grave 300m away.

Getting back ā€œon missionā€ I found the missing traveler next to a broken ship. The mission was still in the log and active.

Unfortunately, at this point it all went weird. He requested some kind of identity gadget and I was instructed to find one underground. 6m away was a buried tech with exactly the correct identity gadgetā€¦butā€¦due to a new bug in 4.0 inventory management (latest beta), I was unable to find it in my inventory and do whatever was needed to pair it up with another gadget. The log mentioned I should use my scanner, but nothing was found. Unable to proceed, I thought Iā€™d try and find another identity gadget and what luck, there was another 200m away.

The following events occurred in approx 8 secondsā€¦A storm approached. A storm hit. A warning sounded. I dug my way underground. I died. By electrocution. It was a heat storm. Hmmm, for science. Again.

Went back and picked up my grave to discover that from 1 void egg and associated fleshy bits, I now had 2. My grave was still there so I picked it up again. Now I have 3 void eggs. But even though Iā€™d picked up three identity gadgets, none were in my inventory. Flying away to another planet, landing, and coming back changed nothing, except when I spoke to the traveler again he just prattled on for 2 mins while I was unable to move at all. No inventory, no options to quit, no dialogue. Sadly, alt-F4 was the only option.

So, in conclusion, dying doesnā€™t seem to abort the mission, but it might not work due to all the other bugs.

12 Likes

Please report to https://hellogames.zendesk.com

6 Likes

Ok. That was above and beyond the call ofā€¦ ofā€¦ wellā€¦ anything, really.

You are now my official CSD HERO! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you! :heart:

6 Likes

Have you checked space station back room NPCs? I feel like I ran into base recruits there, either in Creative or Expeditions. This could be how that circumstance works, you just run into them, if disabling tutorials. :man_shrugging:

Should ship-exit save now be removed? (I donā€™t think so.) Orā€¦ Should it become an option under custom - to remove, or to set to manual; (or to set to auto)? ā€” Of course, setting it to auto would now be pointless, with auto-save running at all times in the background; unless even auto-save became an option. Orā€¦

Should we have 3 save types: Auto, Manual and now Ship? Or maybe some other name for Ship, such as Auto 2, (ex. Auto 1, Auto 2, Manual). It would seem that Auto and Manual saves would be sufficient, even with ship-exit now counted as part of Manual. What would be the advantages to having a separate Ship save?

Nonetheless, ship-exit save does actually strike me as a manual save, because I am manually hopping in and out of my ship, (Iā€™m just automatically forced to have to do that, since I simply cannot avoid my ship, my beloved and forced means of transportation). So maybe a Manual 2 save, (ex. Auto, Manual 1, Manual 2); or ā€˜Shipā€™?

Maybe they donā€™t need as many unique words to communicate their written lore, because Gek consume GekNip which allows them to partially communicate through gas packets and pheromones, in a language consisting of body odor and silent farts. :dash: But the good kind, those that smell like flowers and spices when their happy, and garlic and onions when their upset. Itā€™s like an oral tradition, where things are passed down throughout the generations by word of mouth, except that their passed along through, uhā€¦

I uh -{(clears throat)}- So yeah, HG: Consider adding Gek gas and pheromone translation. Thanks!

4 Likes

I wonder why the Gek have such a low word count?
Vyā€™Keen have 802 all of which I have learned
Korvax have 650
Gek only 350

Cause money talks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Oh such punishment. It hurts so good!

4 Likes

Iā€™m aware theyā€™re always there, but you can only hire them if youā€™ve already built a terminal.
Be that as it may, the base computer mission did pop up eventually. Iā€™m not sure what triggered it, but I suspect it was doing the first artemis mission. Which also pops up after some time.

5 Likes

Personally, I was hoping that in 4.0 we could finally get rid of those missions in the log. At least turn them off so they stay off until we might possibly choose to do them. :roll_eyes:

I have done them so many times and Iā€™m tired of being nagged about them, which happens every time I complete one of the other regular space station quests and the ones from the Nexus. One of the Story-mode missions gets auto-selected.

I was disappointed. Sighā€¦

6 Likes

Is it just Relaxed mode that moves the Base Computer mission along quickly? There is no wait time between archive recoveries

2 Likes

No, the time gating for the base computer missions has been removed entirely, that was in the original patch notes.

5 Likes

Do these things on Frigates still break? They sound brokenā€¦but I have not been able to fix one in a long time.
Steam Deck

5 Likes

Yes. On PS5 the non S class frigates sometimes break but they seem unbreakable once they are an S class.

6 Likes

It is kinda fun starting a new game now. The story can unfold in any order with no more confusion than most people encounter anyway.
I have Laylaps as a companion and a mechanised bot and I have not even finished my base building quests nor the Purge. Thankfully, the new recorded Lore helps you kinda piece it all together.
Also, especially in Relaxed mode, I can finally play the entire game without ever needing another ship or MT.

9 Likes

SM tweeted this with :joy:

3 Likes