NMS Origins

We’ve backed up our saves and are eagerly awaiting the odyssey.

Intuitively, this would be a journey to our origins given the name. However, could it be that we may see the origin stories for the main 3 alien races? The reality simulator in the anomaly could be a conduit for scenarios…

5 Likes

is-this-real-life-or-is-is-it-just-a-fanta-sea

8 Likes

Unfortunately…

This would appear to require ‘reseeded duplicates’ of numerous code and asset files PER VERSION — They’d have to make sure they didn’t remove or alter any prior code (like procedural, and so forth) or assets (like image files, and so forth) relating to terrain generation, other generation or planetary items (like fauna, flora, mineral and so forth), and so forth — And this of course would increase the overall file size of the game.

Being that there are so many factors that make a planet unique and special, from terrain generation and color pallets, to fauna, flora and mineral, to cloud rendering (if they ever enable procedural clouds; right now they all look the same), to exact item placements, and so forth…

• It would seem highly unlikely (to me, at least) that this would ever come to be.

In the end, what’s probably better than a planet being exempt from reset, is to…

QUESTION:

Why would Hello Games not provide us with a direct link to old versions of No Man’s Sky for download? :thinking:

• Could it be that players of old builds would wish for ongoing support, too?
  • (…like bug fixes, improvements and added features?) — Unfortunately…
  • Support would end! - Why? - To many versions to maintain.
  • Also, how would they provide such link(s)…
  • How to ‘buyers only?’ - NMS plublicly FREE?
  • INSERT OTHER REASONS HERE

And so the main reason I don’t think any of this happens is for the simple reason of simplicity.

Fortunately…

They’ve now got it to where, upon universe reset, all of our bases now backup into our game save, and can then be pulled back out, at a later time. Simply locate a base computer on a planet, and then just interact with it.

Unfortunately…

Depending on the base build, and if they altered any base parts, things may not always appear exactly as before. — And therefore, the bases that were built on flat ground will fair best. — Of course, we do not yet know if they may have further refined this process. But soon…

We left off on…

DESOLATION PATCH 2.62

2.7 would be next, but might they jump to 3.0?

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

Could this mean…

:palm_tree: :tangerine:
Added the ability to pick fruit from trees

Or - Check ‘Experimental Branch’

4 Likes

tenor (1)

4 Likes

:rofl:

IMG_20200922_084951

You don’t suppose…? :thinking:
Don’t worry. I have 3xperimental all ready and waiting…though I have to leave for a while for my daughter’s cardiogram. I will be here for the next hour…though judging by that tweet…it prolly won’t happen that soon. :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh!

3 Likes

Questions

Is it possible for an 3xperimental to be dropped ‘secretly’ without an associated Steam Discussions topic having been created by Hello Games? Have we ever seen that done before, by HG or anyone? :thinking: If this were the case, then I would assume it best to be sure to have ‘opted in’ to 3xperimental. However, even if there were an 3xperimental, it certainly wouldn’t contain ‘ALL.’

Regardless, Sean seems to be saying, “Not yet.”

And further, we still do not know for certain if there will even be an 3xperimental. :tangerine: We wait!

2 Likes

I would think the Steam Discussion would be easy to add at the last second. I rarely use it though so have never looked to see when they add it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi @Unique :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The image you posted,

What are we looking at? - Where does it originate? - Anyone else know?

1 Like

https://steamdb.info/app/275850/depots/ But there is no experimental yet. I think they will drop the trailer though

3 Likes

I agree. They usually push 3xperimental earlier…if our prediction of tomorrow is correct. Small updates have been released 24 hrs ahead of public. Larger ones have been several days ahead and there has been nothing in exp for a while now…at least 2 months

1 Like

They generally don’t put the named ones on experimental. Except for the living ship one I think

2 Likes

A number of people think the 1of 5 download above corresponds with the closing of SM’s second poll…at that time, it was 5 hours from closing

1 Like

It’s not edited, just an image found on google from 2005. So unless it was a coincidence, I doubt it’s tied to a time table…I just hope info drops soon…

2 Likes

Okay, so we’re monitoring NMS on SteamDB.info, and it seems that an Experimental is in queue :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I think the way it goes is that the internal build/branch is for testing (hence internal) and once everything is ok they change it to become the public and experimental build. Build 5574182 might be the final build or it might be just a test. It merely shows that they are working on stuff.

2 Likes

Agonizing! I am at the hospital now. My daughter’s scan should not take long. :scream: Left the MiFi tethered and NMS updates on High Priority.

8 Likes