NMS on Mac

They still could’ve added some reverb in post to match the space, or I’m sure they have the tech to do 3d audio and just drop it in the environment their digital studio is living in.

2 Likes

Share Play in the car. Backseat passengers can control what music is playing. I can see the family trips now. :rofl:
Who was singing Rhythm is Our Business? Sounded like Devo :joy:

2 Likes

I worry about Americans when they invent an app that lets you know you might have mental health problems ’ ^_ ^

5 Likes

Vision Pro
AR computer on your eyeballs
Environments… :open_mouth:
It displays your eyes to people when nearby…ok…this is creepy but cool.
Plays Apple Arcade games
Bob Iger…Disney
Sports, National Geographic from under the ocean…ummmmm…I am drooling :rofl:
NMS is on or coming to Apple Arcade? If so, I can imagine it being quite amazing on this gadget.
They have built in glasses for a wide range of eyesights
Oh no. It creates a digital persona of you for facetime. People are seeing your persona…I am creeped out again!

3 Likes

They’re probably in a tin shack, somewhere in Guatemala, living on bugs.

But hey, with these glasses on, it looks great!

More crunchy nachos, anyone?

4 Likes

$3499…that actually is not outrageous

I admit it. I want one

1 Like

Proud to announce 5000 patents we made (built off the backs of open source tech and decades of other peoples passionate hobby work in the AR scene). So everyone will have to take a more complicated route or risk patent infringement! Mwu hahahaha. Thaaaat’s Apple!

I really do want one though XD

The good news is now that Apple have delivered what others in the AR field having been trying but falling short of for years, those companies will come back in to the fray and offer a cheaper alternative outside of the macosphere (Sony were doing some interesting stuff with AR in PS2/PS3 era, Google maybe jumped the gun too early with Google Glass, Microsofts HoloLens went to the military first ’ ^ _ ^ )

5 Likes

We have people who buy Rolex watches, but then don’t dare wear them. Why? Because you’re walking the streets with some people’s idea of six month’s disposable income on your left wrist.

So you’re going to put four thousand dollars on top of your head, then sit in a train, or a bus, or a cafe - and then you’re going to make yourself go blind.

Asking for trouble? Of course not!

7 Likes

First thing I said to my friend was “Can’t wait for the first few news rounds of people having these nicked off their heads in public.”

Or a sensor malfunctioning so every time you go to eat food while watching a movie it dims your screen cos it thinks someones coming over to talk to you XD

( @Jupiter.blues below ) Really wanted to try out HoloLens for that very reason. That and Minecraft on my god damn breakfast table! Have experienced the joys of manipulation and creating physical 3d shapes with some VR software, it’s instantly way more intuitive and workable than any 3d software I’ve used in the past with mouse and keyboard(3dsmax, poser, blender), can suddenly see that form of design or animation becoming a lot more accessible for those who prefer to work with physical mediums rather than navigate with a mouse or tablet to do digital.

5 Likes

I had the opportunity to use one of the first iterations of google glass and microsoft’s hololense.(I think my NDAs are over lol.)I will say that google’s glasses wasn’t any good but I can see it having use in very specific situations.

As for hololense, it was very cool and I saw a whole lot of potential with it for the average person. Specially with 3D modeling or making games. Being able to grab objects, move them, turn them, scale them, etc. with your hands was incredible. It was surprisingly not very laggy, there was a very small but barely noticable delay but it was acceptable for my standards. However, it was on a demonstration/developer mode so im sure the experience differed from the real thing.

I cant see a hololense being used for NMS though. I mean, yes, you could put all your UI elements on the lense and thay would be awesome but the lense is very dark so you would need a bright monitor to make up for it.

4 Likes

I use to build custom car interior parts using cardboard, wood and fiberglass and then sanding it down and applying felt or other materials to them. I 3D model and 3D print now for fun using Sketchup and therr are things that I try to design that I cant and I say “FORGET IT! IM JUST GOING TO MAKE THAT CURVE WITH FIBERGLASS!” Out if frustration lol. But Hololense “could” open up the possibility of using my hands to get the curvature I want to get in seconds.

Just thinking about it sounds satisfying. Lol.

(Blender could do the curves that I cant do in sketchup but I cant find the time or patience to learn blender. However, I should and really need to for some of my projects that have been hung up because of this since Sketchup isn’t great for complex modeling.)

5 Likes

Theres a NMS base building plugin for Blender that could be a fun way to learn how to use blender, or a very incorrect way to learn to use blender. But might be the thing to give you the push to try it out.

I started some 3d printing over the lockdown and was trying to use photogrammatry to build quick 3d models of parts of my local woods that I liked (at the time under threat of being turned into a car park) and bypass my inability to 3d model. Was very happy with the results but I realised theres an extra art to building a model that can 3d print well ':slight_smile:

Vivi having bags of cans with Zidane by some burnt out cars in my local feild will… Just have to wait another day.

I also toyed with the idea of printing out the burnt out cars I recreated with photogrammetry and placing them on top of the actual cars to maybe add some laughter and mystery in to the underage drinkers night XD

3 Likes

We’re sort of hijacking this topic a bit :sweat_smile: but I have a Revopoint Pop 2, and I will say that its very impressive what can be done these days. Its a great 3D scanner and im currently redesigning part of my car dashboard and part of me was thinking of carving out some foam and making the shape I want and then scanning it and inputting it into my model. Its cheating, I know. Lol. But I like to think of it as thinking outside the box lol.

Okay okay, back to Mac.

Now that I think of it, base building in NMS with VR/AR would actually be really impressive. I can’t see HG setting aside resources for this as there would be a very small amount of players who would even be able to do it but if they did, building a base from the perspective of an eye in the sky, like building a Lego house would be really cool. Also, manipulating the terrain with your hands would be a wild experience. The things people would create :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well, maybe it’s me, or I did not pay enough attention while I was making a batch file to allow me to download MacOS Steam builds on my Windows PC, just to be able to check their files and extract the actual in-game version it has, but I found it underwhelming…

So no generative money printing AI for iWatch?

6 Likes