NMS NEXT Full Reveal!

Could be multiple groups.
Maybe we can see more than 4 but can’t have groups bigger than 4…or something like that.

2 Likes

We will now be able to own multiple bases…an unlimited number according to HG…will be interesting to see how that will change the game and if we can fast travel to any of them or just one/a few.

1 Like

This is the part @Mad-Hatter mentioned earlier from the 31 to the 41 second mark…that Gek is running towards a ship and it’s not following nor waiting on anyone…that’s a Gek on a mission right there.

2 Likes

Not to say I was right… but… i think i was onto something when I mentioned that the Gek had a chest piece with no light on it that matched a player woth a similar chest piece with no light again. I think this is further adding weight to thr potential fact that the characters with no chest piece that glows are A.I. while the ones that glow are players.

1 Like

If you look at how decisively those characters move to their ships and fly off in different directions I think that about kills all notions that they could be AI…AI does not behave that way when they’re supposed to follow a player.

In fact when the character the camera follows jumps in his ship he appears to be following the Gek ship there for a bit.

1 Like

From the very start of the trailer…

“Every atom procedural”

Should we attach any significance to this? Everything else in that list makes sense, but are there any explicit “atoms” in the game? Maybe that’s what we’re seeing when we stand in front of an ATLAS terminal? The atom of a new reality.

After the ARG, I’m prepared to look for hidden meanings in everything. :grinning:

3 Likes

The ARG doesn’t really have much to do with the game…if you look at how much of season one of Waking Titan connected to the game you’ll notice the answer is about none…Emily/loop16 seem a bit connected to the game and it’s widely believed Emily is the Atlas but even that connection is very loose and open to interpretation. Nowhere in the game do you hear the name Emily and the story focuses on the other travelers and the Atlas, not all that much on all the references to 16 that seem to be at the heart of the NMS simulation.

1 Like

I do hope so too! I just didn’t see it at all in the trailer. NMS has always shined as a solo exploration game. I’m happy too for those that wanted multi-player but I’m in to pure exploration and I feared that most of the energy went into multi-player. Just look at the underwater scene. Looks (flora/terrain) almost exactly the same. The grassy planet is nothing we don’t have already. Bigger trees yeah but sorry that’s pretty minor. There does appear to be better visibility but most of the time, I’m fine with how that has looked. I was really hoping for some stunning changes to the terrain and maybe some cool new features to debut. I play on a high end pc and there was nothing in the terrain there that looked any better than what we have. I guess we’ll see in a less than a week. My hopes have been lowered and I’m just glad I love it the way it is but I was still hoping for a wow moment in the trailer. Didn’t get it.

1 Like

Well I mean all that content from the trailer…all fully accessible solo. We can now own multiple bases and each can be a lot larger too so it’s a lot easier to set up massive resource and unit making operations. But no…the flora and terrain are not the same…there are now rivers that we didn’t have before, and there are new creatures in the game too. You can also command an entire fleet by yourself, and explore all the great new planets and content they have put in there…on and I doubt they revealed everything either.

Yeah, I was just using the ARG as an example of why one might be poking around in every corner, looking under of every rock, when it comes to analyzing NMS related media. :grinning:

1 Like

I am very curious about the reference to sending your fleet out to explore or have them aid you.

1 Like

Indeed…there is still so much to find out about and knowing HG there’s likely stuff in this update they haven’t even hinted at yet. But man on man…more personalized freighters, the ability to own an unlimited number of bases!! Hell yeah!! I’ll be making a personal network of bases to reach out to all sorts of places.

1 Like

Regarding A.I., its not difficult to input an A.I. friendly in a game. I mean, Kingdom Hearts on PS2 had two characters that would follow you but not so closely many times, the strayed off and did their own thing some times. There are many other games on ps3 where A.I. was pretty smart as well. Metal Gear, as an example, had very good A.I. mechanics on PS2 as well and just as enemies, they would even follow noises, search rooms and bathroom stalls, check vents, follow mud/wet shoes tracks, smells on your body, see your ammo clip that you left behind on the floor and go on alert if they get suspicious and even perform advanced group-flanking techniques where each A.I. would be in synch with the other A.I.

If that existed on ps2, yeaaarrrrsss ago. I have no doubt that an A.I. in 2018 can perform simple programing tasks such as “stay within 100m of the player” and “gather resources away from player”. Or “fetch items”.

You can even do that in Ark with some of the dinosaurs that you tame. You give them comands and even adjust the ratio at which they pick up sertain resources.

I’m not saying that the characters we see are indeed A.I., by no means as a fact. But i’m saying that it is highly plausable and has already been done, plus, in-game we already have characters that “work” for us, we just don’t pay them and they stay idle in one spot until they no longer have any purpose.

I hope no one gets heated by my educated speculations. Just some fuel for thoughts.

1 Like

That Gek is NOT an AI dude…you see it clearly doing its own thing without regards for the other players…it runs to its ship and straight up flies ahead of all other players without waiting or caring about what the others are doing. There is no way in hell that is an AI. At no point do you see it do anything to follow or aid another player.

Not to mention this…a CLEAR player group posing for photo:

Again, don’t mean to get anyone heated. Just an educated speculation based on my prior knowledge of coding and the history of video games.

There was 4 players in one photo underwater with the fifth, a Gek, that was posted here and you saw it too. Also, it seems pretty obvious that player groups are up to 4 people right now so the 5th is odd to see.

Once again, I’m not saying that the character is an A.I., i’m stating that its not hard to make an A.I. do its own thing. so it is possible we can have A.I. partners in the game for people who don’t like to play with others. It’s been done before years ago and it’s an ameture thing to learn in the coding world so i think Sean Murray and his team should know how to do this.

Again, i don’t state speculations as facts, they are just speculations. No one on this forum can state facts unless HG confirms them.

4 Likes

An AI that does its own thing is a broken AI…there’s no reason for it to be there at all because it’s not useful and can’t be controlled. The 5th player there could be any number of things…a member of another player team floating around potentially, possibly different team caps for PC or PS4(base XB1 is the weakest hardware that this game will be playable on, significantly weaker than base PS4), or it could simply be some alpha footage…pre final product.

But as of right now there is absolutely zero indication that we will have any AI companions…especially none that are particularly broken.

Buddy, it’s not broken or useless because you can’t control it. An A.I. doesn’t need to be your slave.
It adds to the feel of intelligent life in the universe and gives the game character and makes it interesting. Plus, they can be helpful if you assign them to do things(like in Ark: Survival Evolved). Learn to code or play other games woth A.I. companions and you’ll understand.

I know you are passionately against playing with others and want complete isolation. I understand how you feel about how people are crewl and bad. I share similar sentiments. I hope you get your isolation in the game and find peace. But, I, for one, wouldn’t play the game if it were lonely. I want A.I. to be in the game. I like multiplayer experiences in open world games. I’m a social person and I love chatting with people, even complete strangers, and making friends.

Again, third time, speculation. And again, i’m not stating A.I. companions will be in the game. Again, im just stating it’s not the most difficult thing in the world to make A.I. happen.

However, some things in the video were not in the description on their website such as the outside landing pads on the freighters, animations, emotes, changing colors of vehicles, ect. so there is still a pretty decent chance.

Also, you’ve been very wrong before on many of your past speculations, even passionately(borderline aggressively) pushing them as fact. You got the universe reset thing correct, though. I’ve kinda been close on a few guesses in the past but that’s only because i also have some coding and marketing experience so I kinda saw some of these things coming.

3 Likes

What have I been wrong about specifically? The new ships I specifically said would not be multi-crew ships…and they’re not…others can ride on them but only one controls and only one owns them…just as I said…I also very specifically predicted today would be a major trailer and reveal drop and nobody else saw that coming. What have you been right about? I don’t recall a single thing.

You also didnt see the 5th player in the photo. Lol.

All my comments can be seen in my profile, you can read through it all there if you’d like. I seen yours. But, look, doesn’t matter who is more right, it’s just a game ment to have fun. Speculations shouldn’t be shot down aggressively. Speculations should be welcomed. All information should be considered until facts can be proven otherwise.

4 Likes

Not seeing the 5th player is NOT a prediction…and you weren’t even involved in that discussion. And I don’t have a problem with speculation unless it’s blatant misinformation. The gameplay footage makes it exceedingly clear that Gek is a player and can only be a player. That I have a problem with…because we’re beyond speculation and into pure denial and nonsense straw grasping.