NMS NEXT Full Reveal!

I had that thought as well! :slightly_smiling_face:

@LilLadyD76 If HG opens an NMS online store selling costumes, decals, posters, snuggies, t-shirts, collectible 3D game objects, NMS -the tabletop board game, etc., but most of all, plushies of some of the animals? Iā€™d be broke for the rest of my life!

7 Likes
  1. Thatā€™s a ā€œshared-building-mechanicā€ schematic hologram, for building in stages with your buddies, like there is on Space Engineersā€¦ Sorta/kinda.
    Space Engineers: How to use Projectors. - YouTube
2 Likes

Wow, what a great trailer to get. HG have worked wonders again.

NMS has always struck me as a family game, I thought if MP was ever introduced properly I could see a family playing together, in a sort of ā€˜Lost in Spaceā€™ type manner.

The game already looks great, but its about to look outstanding. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like emotes are a thing and you can customize your exocraft colors. Slow mo the trailer and go to the scene of the 3 travellers standing on top of the ruins. The exocraft is teal and red.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Regarding #4 from a previous post, that creature was a mod and not in No Manā€™s Sky officialy, Right?

Did HG add the creature to the game?

1 Like

In the past, It was in the files, activated by mods. It is shown as in-game during the trailer, in one of the flashing scenes towards the middle/end.

1 Like

Not reallyā€¦thereā€™s a vaguely similar(kinda but not really) thing in the trailerā€¦but no thereā€™s no real evidence of them adding anything from a mod.

Omgosh! Some many possibilities. :heart_eyes:
Besides from visualizing the cosplay, for some reason, I visualize trading cards. Or even, like an old school Nintendo power magizine, except for NMS! Of course, the plusie idea is amazing because of all the different creatures. Yes, please!

3 Likes

So it wasnā€™t created by a modder but they just surfaced it from the games codeā€¦ and now we have the creatures in game now. AWESOME!

I also noticed there was three of them in that flash scene.

3 Likes

Itā€™s called a ā€œFiendā€, and itā€™s exactly the same asset present in the files since Foundation. It was added through modsā€¦ Itā€™s not a modded asset in itself. So not kindaā€¦ The very same, animations and all.

1 Like

Iā€™m one of the few that was disappointed with the trailer and Iā€™m a HUGE NMS fan since day 1! Iā€™m not into multi-player and base building is at best a sidelight for me. I was looking for terrain changes, additions, variety and the same for flora but it looked very similar. Clouds looked great and the water might be an improvement (but some of the water now is amazing) and Iā€™m still hoping for weather improvements. Overall, my expectations for large terrain and flora changes have been toned down a lot.

3 Likes

On the NMS website they mention ā€œsignificantā€ terrain improvements. They probably just werenā€™t highlighted in this trailer, which was clearly to show off multiplayer and 3rd person view.

2 Likes

Iā€™m with you on MP and building, but Iā€™ve seen quite a lot to hype the explorer in me!
Quite some new plant-life was shown, including the ā€œre-introductionā€ of large trees that we lost with AR, turf and no less than two completely new creature speciesā€¦ The ā€œdraw distanceā€ getting epic and the total lack of ā€œpop-inā€ spawning generationā€¦ Just of the top of my headā€¦

5 Likes

Initially I felt the same. Itā€™s all about the multiplayerā€¦& for those who really wanted that, Iā€™m genuinely happy for them.
For me 95% of my time in NMS has been solo and exploration so I deeply wished for more to see and discover so I hope it is there.
Iā€™m sure it will be amazing anywayā€¦
I hope so. Theyā€™ve put a lot of work into it.

3 Likes

Old comment so you may have noticed this by now but in the clip they appear to be chasing one of his buddies fleeing in an exocraft, you can see a fleet of three sentinels in front and some quads chasing along too, seems if one friend triggers a five star sentinel alert, theyā€™ll leave you be if you donā€™t cause any trouble I guess. But they seem to be much better at giving pursuit now :slight_smile: the quads are terrifying with the leaping bounds

2 Likes

Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.

Donā€™t be disapointed before playing NEXT :wink:

Even travellers who like discoveries should have fun with the:

Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.

A capital ship, to cross galaxiesā€¦

2 Likes

Those walkers are clearly not hostile to anyone at all.

There is an exocraft there but none of the sentinels are firing at itā€¦thereā€™s no way none of the walkers wouldnā€™t fire if hostile.

A lot of Youtubers are saying the gek is a player, but wouldnā€™t that be extremely lore breaking?

3 Likes

Not sureā€¦nothing that I can recall about the player lore says the travelers canā€™t be Gek I suppose. But yeahā€¦the player gear on the Gek, the Gek clearly in what appears to be a player group photoā€¦sure looks like a player to me.

4 Likes