NMS Friends Code and CrossPlay

I know there will be many who are like “no way, I am not sharing my code” but, perhaps there are some who will want to do so. Perhaps there are some who will have questions about the new crossplay. Either way, here is a new thread ready and waiting.
You will find your NMS code here:
Go to Options>Network and then click on
View No Man’s Sky Friends List
Your personal Friend Code will appear on the next screen.
Also on this screen is the Add No Man’s Sky Friend tab
Here you can enter the personal code of the person you want to add to your NMS Friends List.
If you would like to share your code in a PM, feel free to let others know that here on this thread.
Note that you still have the ability to disable MP for those days when you just want to solo.
Here is the new Network screen

Notice, you can also Block players. :+1:
I am willing to share my code with you wonderful people so just let me know. I am looking forward to seeing you all!

9 Likes

I’ll check when the new version drops

2 Likes

How is this code used in game?

Does it help you be in the same lobby as your defined friends?

3 Likes

I think it allows you to join that person’s game. I only have @MacForADay on my NMS friends list and I have not tried it since he is crashing in the Nexus.
Their name will be highlighted when they are online

5 Likes

Im on PS4, I added my friend on xbox and tried it last night. It just allowed me to see he was online and join his lobby. The experience was surprisingly pain free :smiley: although he is a new player on his starter planet and I avoided the nexus.

4 Likes

I still have some questions about all of this but here are my observations so far.
Met a fellow traveller on the Anomaly. Jay. He invited me to his group so I did. I gave him a Void Egg. Made his day. He was on another platform but never said which. There was so much chatter on the Anomaly. People have a lot of questions.
Anyway, I left the Anomaly after Jay did. I was prompted to choose if I wanted to travel to where Jay was. I chose yes.
This took me to Calypso. I asked Jay again what console he was on and still no reply. Don’t know why not. I flew past him to get his attention. He sent me a friend invite, I accepted then Jay disappeared.
So I went to the Space Station and checked the Terminal. I can go home from here if I choose to. So I decided to build a base.
Since I do not know what platform he is playing from, I am not sure any of this is helpful but, all seemed to go fine. No problems.

6 Likes

My NMS code is 3C3Z-WNON-3TM1E (Hari Seldon is my ingame name). On PC. Currently in galaxy nb 150 but on my way to the last one ! See you in game !

5 Likes

I worked a backlog of daily missions with a guy from PS4. We were able to voice chat with no issues. On our last mission, I received a Lobby Is Full notification when returning to the Anomaly. It sent me to a separate Anomaly where I was all alone. :slightly_frowning_face: But it was okay. Girt and I were still able to cash the mission in at the Nexus and then we thanked each other for the help and said our goodbyes. Someone finally played a game with me! :blush: :laughing:

5 Likes

I am going to post my code here later today. I am fast-tracking through the galaxies. I want to experiment with what happens if we are in different galaxies. Experiments like this used to terrify me but, no longer. The boundaries are falling.
EDIT: my power just went out… :expressionless:

8 Likes

@sheralmyst my Day 1 save is in the 67th reality Elkowaldb. I have bases in 17 galaxies. The last reset deleted my link to many galaxies. Johntodd, a GOG player, invited me to his base in Euclid so I could build a base and be able to get back to it. After building a base in Euclid I started fast jumping to the center and building a base in all the galaxies. I am currently in reality 12 Aptarkaba looking for a suitable base. Most of my bases are within 10,000 lys of the center. Let me know when you are ready. I will be happy to help with the experiment. :smiley:

4 Likes

I am hung up in the 21st Loychazinq…I landed only 700 ly from the center but, my ship can only clear 1300 in a leap (which is like nothing on the Galactic map) and the Blackholes only knock off about 20 per jump. This has slowed me down considerably.
Now I wish I had built a small base in each one… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

So this is really cool because I am on Steam and you are GOG.

2 Likes

Yes it is! I am going to go to the Etarc hub and see if I can see everything now. I couldn’t see everyone’s bases. “fingers crossed”

3 Likes

I have moved the conversation.
When you get to the Hub, my old base is buried under planetary shift however, the system should still show as discovered by me. I named it Calidi Frigus but I am betting you will see the original name. That is part of my experiment. It sits in the top 1/3 of the star chain.

5 Likes

My code
Y60K-RMZD-F4T08
Mind you, I am trying to fast track through the Galaxies. Currently in #26 Sivarates. Gonna be here a bit as it landed me 700ly from the center and all the jumps are tiny. I encountered this same issue in Galaxy 21. Will likely take a break tomorrow because I need to run help someone with some tech issues. :mask: and I need to get it done before the big dust storm gets here cause I have to sit outside.
Anyway, I am not exactly sure how it all works. I believe you can just join my game from the Main Menu once I am on your NMS Friends List.

4 Likes

My code
63S0-R0JG-PAE5A
Fill free to add me.

4 Likes