NMS Expeditions

Thank you!

1 Like

I have added some info to Datamine Section on Quicksilver items coming.

2 Likes

All the faecium in my inventory has disappeared. No sh1t.

Nothing else changed. Just empty spaces with no more manure (for sure).

4 Likes

Fixed by the newest (small) patch!

3 Likes

Mrs Mad & I have finished the second Expedition.
She intends to keep her new game, whilst I plan to simply nab all the goodies into my more established 2 games & farewell my ‘temporary traveller’.
Does anybody know if all the Expedition QS items will remain accessible in other saves, once the actual expedition save files are deleted?

We both experienced some glitchy ‘hiding’ guide-trail issues towards the end but were able to warp to the final location courtesy of a named destination listing in the teleporter.

I couldn’t access the Golden Vector in the begining & ended up customising a scrap fighter along the way instead; (My default starter, a Hauler was awful).
I also had a bit of a mess initially regarding the Frigate Control Room & Frigate Fuel recipes.
No matter, It was worked out as time went on & I enjoyed the little challenges of setting myself up a better ship as I went without simply pulling out the trophy ship.

Although the cinematic entry & music heralding the reward’s arrival upon completion was quite dramatic & satisfying, I was kind of hoping for a bit more in the update than just a frigate. Plus the “surprise” was somewhat washed out due to being told about it prior :thinking:
Still, I did enjoy myself & it is a nice replica with a cool story behind it, if you choose to look it up.
(It also shows just how far NMS has come, for there to be a joint collaboration of this type).

Looking forward to the next Expedition & the new lore that has been trickling in.
:rocket:

5 Likes

Those items that have become available as expedition rewards at the Anomaly (QS Bot), should remain available even after deletion of the save, as they are ‘stored’ elsewhere. There have however been some questions about which items should actually be available, like the pose, or armour items, which are currently only for use within expeditions save.

3 Likes

I deleted my Exped 1 save file and yes, all things still available in my main save file

Also, just started a new save and played til I boarded the Anomaly. Everything was available. Kinda nice to be able to claim the Golden Vector on a new save. Claiming the Normandy gave me the Inventory Full message, because I do not yet have a Freighter.

5 Likes

“Needs aquarium”???

5 Likes

The SR2 had an aquarium in the captains quarters. The SR1 didn’t. :wink:

2 Likes

Hmmm. Not sure about that. Something fishy going on here…

6 Likes

What would interest me more is how the SR1 managed to get sucked into a parallel universe while very convincingly looking like being blown up by the collectors.

The fact that it was completely abandoned and then officially considered destroyed in the ME universe is kinda convenient, though… You could spin some magic fairytale about how it ended up in a parallel universe without touching the ME timeline the tiniest bit. Which, I figure, is what they’re trying to do. If it ever has any purpose at all other than being a nifty reward.

4 Likes

At the moment, it’s serving as a very able frigate. Well, apart from the aquarium, that is…

3 Likes

A fragile ship ‘under AI control’ :wink:

Not quite the SR1, but maybe that timeline got messed up too

I am hoping for a Space Hamster now (Ms Noodles)

7 Likes

so is the last day 30th so over on 31st
or
runs until and including 31st over on 1st june?

1 Like

You should see a timer of sorts when you load your save. There was one last time.

I found it stored in the save file.
#5/31/2021 02:00:00 PM#
not sure if this is local time or utc. Assuming utc

1 Like

Here is a countdown timer I update for each season:
Countdown Expeditions - Season 2 :link:
At time of posting this, it had 1 day, 19 hours, 45 minutes left.

2 Likes

Your timer ends at 11am (Local) 2pm UTC. So the save entry is UTC which is what I figured Cheers.

2 Likes

6 Likes