NMS Expeditions

Well then, guess this update highlights a big ol’ multiplayer freighter warping bug!

I may have unintentionally spaced a player myself yesterday. After warping my freighter into a new system, I flew off in my starship to explore. On returning, I noticed another player inside. I greeted them, and they emoted back, but I don’t think they understood me. By their actions, I got the feeling they thought they were in their own freighter. I took off again for a while, but absent-mindedly called my freighter to the planet I was on. I have no idea what happened to the guy, I didn’t see a death message, and he was no longer in the nearby players list. He may have been dumped out when it warped like @jedidia & friends, or maybe even just when I flew out-of-range and it shifted players between lobbies.

I was also surprised to find he’d apparently built a Fleet Control Room and Portable Refiner in my ship! (I didn’t remember new games default to anyone can build in your bases). So this poor dude was probably warped into my freighter by accident thinking he was still in his own, just minding his own business doing the normal fleet questline when whoosh, he’s a Gek-cicle. :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that I suddenly had a fleet control room and a save point without ever building one! :smile:

2 Likes

I created a bug report " #458538 Freighters spawn in the same location"

It was even worse in te previous expedition. If you took the freighter in the first system.

2 Likes

Here a page as how they got to the alphabet:
https://nmscd.github.io/expedition-alphabet/#/
Hmm apparently the first expedition translates to “pioneering” instead of “pioneers”

4 Likes

Isn’t that alphabet used on some freight crates in-game? Wonder if those say anything sensiblee too. If yes, HG would have been using this for quite a while with nobody figuring it out until they got explicit…

1 Like

With the community progress having ended, and considering the new content being very spoiler heavy, I made a new topic specifically for all the incoming spoiler content.

Please post your spoilers here:

2 Likes

New version incoming, downloadg 876MB on GOG

3 Likes

It’s 7.6 GB on Playstation. Maybe we have to re-download some assets or something

2 Likes

4.2 GB Steam

1 Like

So they’re dropping an update in the middle of the expedition? Without any feature announcements or anything? That could get quite interesting…

2 Likes

IMPORTANT: Update your game before continuing, as having the Myth Beacon prior to updating the game, will prevent the ‘Collective Consciousness’ Milestone from completing

4 Likes

I was in the anomaly as it reached 100% and collected the myth beacon before I knew there was an update. That explains all the glitches I had. I still managed to complete it, but it was a massive pain in the arse. FYI :slight_smile:

Edit: now that I think about it, using a space station teleportr triggered the collective consciousness milestone for me. After that though there was still a bit of messing about to get the ship

3 Likes

I was determined I was going to work through Expeditions 2 on my own, with no hints or spoilers, and at my own (sedate) pace.

Then I discovered that Polo wouldn’t tell me where the Atlas was. He just wanted to sell me things.

So now I’ve had to cheat my way out of it. Grrr.

3 Likes

Well, I would look at it as cheating, but more like you asked someone else for directions because Polo couldn’t stop talking about tech.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’m seeing 3.7 Gb on Steam here.

2 Likes

It changed after I started the d/l to 3.7…go figure…
Can anyone explain how to use the Myth Beacon…I am going to the Galaxy Map as instructed but see nothing…help

1 Like

You should see a green line to follow. I had to jump a couple of times before I saw them though.

2 Likes

Some are saying you must return to rendezvous 1 but that is not true

2 Likes

Make sure the mission is selected, then check Galaxy Map with the filter set to ‘current mission’. If it does not show where to go, reload game and check again. I have heard reports of the galaxy map sometimes needing a few tries before showing where to go. It should be a system some 500ly away from Rendezvous 1

1 Like

yup I kept loosing my green trail…thought it was buggen out and just happened to notice it seemed to be doubling back on itself so though hmm I had placed a base at 2nd rendevous… so I warped back and sure enough trail was there again…so it must have had an issue with my engines lol

2 Likes