NMS Alphabet

These characters are not part of the same alphabet discussed in this topic. I don’t think these actually have any meaning that we are aware of. They appear to be based on, or closely resemble, another alphabet we have come across in only a few occasions. This has been discussed briefly, quite a while ago in the following topic:

The above includes an actual easter egg as well, using the Zephyr Jubilee font (by Allison James aka NAL). I think those so called object ‘decals’ as you show on the Multi-Tool have been based on this font. I will show some additional images, as well as a set of numbers using a different, yet unidentified, but similar font.

These are 6 image files combined, where instead of transparency, I made the background black. It includes your decal from the Multi-Tool at the bottom right, which is called ‘PRESTINEDECALS.BASE.3.DDS’ in the game files.

Below the numbers combined, and again with a black background for clarity

These do all share the same/similar green colour, which is likely an indication.

I do find these interesting, and would love to learn more about any possible source or meaning/translation.

4 Likes