NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

OK, I’ll try that. I need to shut down before anything gets applied, though. I’ll be back to report in a few minutes.

2 Likes

OK. Shut down, Received 31.7 Mb download from Steam, and all my slots are back.

Here’s the six slots of chromatic metal - good as new.

7 Likes

@temp, @SaraStarwind, thank you for your assistance.

All seems to be fixed now. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well the 3 versions are all called panels but I use them for mid level floors mostly

1 Like

I’m trying to remember if I’ve seen that in the blue print analyzer yet.

New experimental patch as of three hours ago but no notes.

6 Likes

New experimental patch as of one hour ago but no notes.

1 Like

Again? Or are you just reposting yesterday’s post? No patch notes but new experimental likely means it just fixed problems the original experimental introduced…that’s why it’s experimental…because it might need fixing before being pushed live.

Not a repost of yesterday’s post (this isn’t Reddit). If it would help, I could post the Build ID number - this one is 3075643.

2 Likes

There have been three small updates, in the 35 - 60 Mb range, since the last documented patch was released, the latest being today.

We assume these are largely fixes of problems introduced by the last patch, but, as they’re undocumented, we don’t know.

Since some of the documented patches have mostly fixed stuff that was broken by previous patches, the difference is not entirely clear-cut.

Whether we call them patches or hotfixes is largely irrelevant. Updates have been arriving.

4 Likes

I hope 1.60 includes some improvements to planet variety.

It seems the latest patch has unlocked the community quests.

5 Likes

So I’d say its safe to assume community events could be kicking off for all platforms if not next week then the week after, if this is any signifier.

The patch rate for console has slightly dwindled which has me thinking, they’re probably waiting to check community events are solid before pushing through the next console patch for certification.

1 Like

Right…so it looks like the community events may be a total crap-show that might completely break your game if you’re not careful. Back up your save files before attempting since if you’re not in Euclid you’ll likely end up shafted and then the quests are totally broken all to hell.

2 Likes

From what I understand of his explanation, when he says everyone gets sent to same planet, he mentions that its per region. So everyone in galactic hub etc will be sent to same planet in their region, I don’t think if Yr not in euclid you’re going to get shafted or anything. You’ll just get directed to a planet in your current region in whichever galaxy you’re in.

Anybody on ps4 in the ECSD Starchain region? Might see ya at the dig site when we get this :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the crap show of bugs and backing up saves, I missed thay part of the video? Also keep in mind it’s been tested on experimental to catch bugs so bugs showing up now rather than much later is a very good thing

1 Like

He speculates it’s per region…and then takes it back…and posts the giant warning on screen to back up your saves because it will take you to Euclid and WILL ruin your game.

1 Like

Public branch was updated a few minutes ago - whenever it gets to console I’ll find out - I’m in Eissentam

1 Like

That could be as soon as tomorrow morning in a bit over 24 hours though I hope they don’t push this wreck live for consoles. Back up your saves.

1 Like

Be careful, I saw someone claim on Steam community that he ended up in Euclid

DarthTrethon
He speculates it’s per region…and then takes it back…and posts the giant warning on screen to back up your saves because it will take you to Euclid and WILL ruin your game.

So, yes

2 Likes

You can only get there through a portal. It may be based on Euclid, but it’s a special instance.

Your ship travels with you, but you can only travel within that particular solar system. Your galactic map doesn’t work, so you can’t jump out. The space station is derelict, and the teleporter is inoperative - you can’t use it.

You can’t build a base there. The base computer is actually removed from your build menu while you’re there.

So you can’t warp, and you can’t teleport. You’re isolated in this one solar system, and the only way out is back through the portal.

I’m interested to understand how anybody knows they’re in Euclid - since the galactic map doesn’t work.

As far as I can see, it’s based on Euclid, but it’s a separate instance, only accessible through the portal. It might as well be its own little galaxy.

Anyway, I went there, did my thing, then came back through the portal. No problems. But I was based in Euclid to start with.

Lots of Com balls on the other side of the portal. Showing off my new trophy helmet.

12 Likes