NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

This one is nice too:

• Improved the terrain edit saving system, reducing the chance of terrain regenerating. Further improvements to this system are in progress.
4 Likes

One potentially important note here…I don’t know how the fix to prevent your freighter crew from swapping race will work exactly but there’s a chance it may well end up keeping whatever crew you have at the time the patch is applied so now is the time for everyone who isn’t on the experimental patch to go place their freighters in a system with the desired species for their freighter crew. This might be a once in a lifetime chance to hand-select the species of your freighter crew…or for the game to screw you out of the original crew of your freighter…

7 Likes

Farming has a change i.e. Frostwort = 50 Frost Crystal + 25 Dioxite

3 Likes

What was it before?

2 Likes

Thank you! That makes more sense than what they changed it to after the last patch.

After the Patch that changed farming they made it so you needed like dioxide and chromatic metal which is dumb to me. Because it used to be some of the plant, I imagine seeds, and fertilizer to start a plant growing.

4 Likes

100 Dioxite + IIRC 50 Chromatic Metal

1 Like

Found a Building Material change all Concrete items now require Ferrite Dust rather than Carbon (though the glass floor still doesn’t need glass :crazy_face: )

I had just finished my building supply area at my latest base :astonished: I’ll just have to build more sections out of wood when starting

6 Likes

The savegame already contains a “CurrentFreighterHomeSystemSeed” entry. Freighters typically generate several different models for the crew based on the system seed. I suspect this entry was supposed to be used for that purpose, but the game was incorrectly using the current system instead.

3 Likes

That is REALLY Encouraging news! Thanks.

I’ve taken a break until I can safely bring in my 1800+ hr normal save. :blush:

I’m with you, hugs are definitely in order. :heart:

2 Likes

I still recommend making backups…so if you bring that 1800 save in and it explodes at least it won’t be lost. My now 900+ hour save(800+ at the time) did explode a couple of time and I had to revert back…though I did lose quite some hours nonetheless.

4 Likes

I agree! Good practice for everyone.

I have a whole hard drive full of save game backups of NMS. I save after every play session and if the session is longer than two hours I save in between also.

One of these days I will have to go in and throw out some of the older ones. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This latest patch has reduced my exosuit general storage from 48 slots to 42, and has reduced my high-capacity storage to 33.

What?

3 Likes

Woah! While I think the massively increased high-capacity wasn’t such a great move, reducing it now after we’ve upgraded is a much worse move!

That’s a known issue with this experimental patch which hopefully will be fixed before the official patch.

Glass floor!?

2 Likes

I assume you can still upgrade beyond that? Because if yes, I bet that the reduction is some unintended side effect from the fix they did to unblock the upgrading of pre-next suits. I would report it right away.

Not at the moment. As @SaraStarwind pointed out, it appears to be a bug, not an intentional change.

I tried to add an extra slot to my suit. When I did, the menu showed all the 48 slots I had before the change. It seems they’re still there - I just can’t see the last 6, or interact with them. That’s doubly annoying right now, because the missing slots contain 1,500 chromatic metal I’d quite like to use.

I think we just need to wait for the fix to be fixed.

4 Likes

Just make sure to tell them and I think you could maybe transfer the chromatic metal to your high-capacity let’s say.

1 Like

Except my high capacity is also bugged, and has slots missing. And I now notice it’s also happened to my ship, which is down from 48 to 42 slots.

This is the sort of thing I’m seeing - the text says the ship has 48 slots. But if you count them, you’ll see there are only 42. I can’t see or use the last 6. Something similar has happened to my suit inventory.

4 Likes

Chatter on Steam indicates that there may have been a ‘hotfix’ that was done 3-4 hours that fixed some of the inventory problems.

2 Likes

I heard people say the items still exist you just can’t see them so I figured if you move the items from say your regular inventory to your freighter or ship or something they should pop up in your ship so you can see them. In other words you can still use it you just can’t see it LOL.

2 Likes