My power's gone

I live in southern Ontario, and we just had the biggest ice storm in a decade. My powers been down since, like around 7 am(?), and it’s not expected to be back until 8 pm on the 18th. This means no water, no internet, and most all, no heat. This is canada, so as all of you know, we have a solid meter and a half of snow on the ground, from january, to december. It’s cold, and so is my house. If I do not return to this forum by the end of the week, you can assume that I have frozen to death. Either that, or my house will have been ransacked by a pack of hungry polar bears, looking for a quick meal.

In all seriousness, these next few days are going to SUCK! If I want a hot shower, I’m going to have to heat up what little remaining water I have… on my barbecue! Wish me luck.

-HypoLord

4 Likes

No natural gas I assume. Even though I am waaaayy south, we have the occassional outage from freezing rain. It is nice to have a gas hot water heater and a gas stove. Hot water and hot soup save the day. Should I hire sled dogs and send canned heat?

4 Likes

I’m in Ontario too and getting hit pretty bad right now. I keep hearing the loud cracks from tree limbs breaking… I still have power for now and keeping my fingers crossed…
I hope you find some warmth in the next few days. Good luck to you!

4 Likes

Have experienced snapping tree limbs. It is very scary at night. Especially if you have trees around your home. Stay safe! Wear a hard hat.

4 Likes

Sled dogs sound great.

4 Likes

Have experienced snapping tree limbs. It is very scary at night. Especially if you have trees around your home. Stay safe! Wear a hard hat.

2 Likes

Ziggy will be on his way soon, with huskies, brandy, and seal blubber. He thinks fifty below is sunbathing weather.

4 Likes

OMG! My internet is sooooo bad my message got stuck someplace…so I typed it again thinking it failed to send…:tired_face:

3 Likes

LOL, it is, 10 to 20F degress is warm weather.

4 Likes

About to leave the WiFi zone. I’ll (hopefully) be back on the forum in a few days.

2 Likes

Good luck. Think warm thoughts.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to recharge your eco suit!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: joking aside I hope you get through it with no problems or too much discomfort.

3 Likes

Power’s back!!!

7 Likes

Amazing what you can do with a polar bear and a treadmill.

5 Likes

Glad to head it. Please stay warm and away from the polar bears! :wink:

3 Likes

Update . The use of mind powers prove good results.

Your power is back and my work is done for now.

4 Likes