Music Tastes among ETARCers?

6 Likes

Daft Punk - Interstella 5555 Backwards - YouTube one of my favorite bands daft punk and there album they turned into a movie no words just the songs that portray what is going on

3 Likes

6 Likes

YES! :smile: very good choice. Instantly got this stuck in my head now, thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A young french girl you probably don’t know (or you know her music without knowing who made it :wink: )

6 Likes

Yeah nice track - Music video shot in my home country South Africa.

The song apparently is a tribute to Miriam Makeba - famous jazz singer from South Africa from the 70’s onwards

5 Likes

I have too many - I love music - but here are some all time top of list for me, mainly for nostalgic reasons and the band/s I played in “back in my day”

Throwing Muses, Belly, Buffalo Tom, The Breeders, This Mortal Coil, Cocteau Twins [4AD label in general in the 80s]

Then electronic - Plastikman, FUSE, Underword, Orb, Orbital, anything on WARP label in the 90s.

And of course my own muzak as Kliktrak:

6 Likes

Did I dream…you dreamed about me…

3 Likes

I also love music that carries the vibes of the ancient past like this one

and this was one of my faves back in the day

5 Likes
7 Likes

For when we see the altocumulus in NEXT

2 Likes

Ok, one more on my huuuge list

3 Likes
5 Likes

Think it’s only fair I share one of my favourite live performances by Terri Genderbender from Le Butcherettes. Such an unassuming person with incredible force and power behind her voice and delivery.

3 Likes

I dedicate this one to all the NMS naysayers…the joy of repitition really is on you :nerd_face:

1 Like

Anyone knows The Idles? (Bristol)
Concert in 2 months! Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Oh, Elizabeth…

I used to dream she was singing this in the shower and I was in the next room…listening and weeping.

Born in the 60’s, matured in the 80’s but living in the modern world, regardless, music is life to me. Growing up I was always envious of the 'Brits, so much good music, so many concerts. I had to drive a few hours to San Francisco if I wanted to see my musical heroes, heck still do! Last four concerts: Pixies, Breeders, Gary Numan and King Crimson.

3 Likes

Oh my taste in music is WEIRD. I like everything except for country and rap.
My top favorites are:
-AJR (my favorite overall)
-Elton John
-Queen
-Marshmello
And lastly, mostly as a joke, Russian Hardbass. Don’t ask.

3 Likes

This one is one of my all time favorite songs right now

2 Likes

My band https:sunfeelscold.bandcamp.com

I like Joy Division, New Order, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Blonde Redhead, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Pixies, Beach House, Animal Collective…

I also like 90s rap and 80s synthpop.

The real Kosmos is an ageing hipster.

5 Likes