Multi-Tools šŸ”«

Wow Ders, almost identical to the above. Cool! - And I found a similar code a few months backā€¦

Different name, but same color metal. The 1st one I posted was chrome, and these are black metal.

And donā€™t worry, I realize that you renamed your multi-tool. :cat: Looks like a Spotted Snow Leopard.

The major difference is the lack of crystals, which some may prefer due to their less obstructed view.

Seed: 0x85539F9F9754D6C6 - Enjoy!

3 Likes

I actually would probably take that one but unfortunately Iā€™m on PS4, although when I do get the game on PC which I plan to do as soon as I can afford it Iā€™ll probably use that seed, thank you! Although that weird little curve thing in the back is off to me. And that brown one has the weird flap thing. Good photos by the way!

1 Like

Yes, I do forget about that in regard to PlayStation and Xbox. Thank you for reminding me. Goes to show that seeds canā€™t entirely replace coordinates, even if exact locations change nearly every single update. Guess thereā€™s no perfect solutions, is there? Oh well.

1 Like

Iā€™m okay with that. To me a big part of this game is the procedural generation, the hunt for that perfect ship or perfect multi tool or perfect system. If we could just make our own multi-tool or ship that would kind of kill a lot of the game for me and destroy a lot of its uniqueness. Iā€™m glad you can do seeds but Iā€™m also glad that they are a separate thing that you have to actually do outside of the game.

4 Likes

I agree. Instant gratification is all too common in our modern life. NMS on PS4 means searching off hints and random discovery. Much more satisfying when you get it that way.

5 Likes

Well said. - Itā€™s very exiciting.

Ariving in a new star system is a kinda fresh and overwelming experiance. Itā€™s like receiving a massive gift, with a whole bunch of other gifts inside. But you have to dig for 'em.

And thereā€™s always that nagging feeling, that if you leave you may have missed something awesome, something that was just waiting to be uncovered. And what fun it is to share once you find whatever it could be, lol.

A story and a life in No Manā€™s Sky.

4 Likes

Unfortunately for me Iā€™m PS4 . After I found the A22 at a shelter it took me about 4 hours over 2 sessions to find that mt. Oh you PC guys have it soooo easy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I get a little worried when I look at the Facebook group. So many people asking for ship customization and the ability to make their own ships, not seeming to understand thatā€™s not the point of this game. I hope Sean doesnā€™t listen to them.

5 Likes

Found this experimental, but the best I have located so far is A-24. I have hit about 40 outposts so far, might have to let this one go :frowning:
There are only 2 planets with any buildings in this system, and one of them insists on finding outposts on the other planet instead of where Iā€™m scanning -even though I know there are outposts as I have visited several on this planet.

Edit: Iā€™m taking the A24 as it is an upgrade to my current B, after 50 outposts visited I just accept that the S isnā€™t happening right now. I wonā€™t stop my multi tool hunt- but this will tide me over for a bit.

7 Likes

I found a similar seed last year. - Yours has the black wires.

Seed: 0x82539F9F9754D6C6 - Enjoy!

5 Likes

The one I found with the black wires has 3 bones on top.

Seed: 0x86039F9F9754D6C6 - Enjoy!

3 Likes

How come you have to tease me with the seeds? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know, right? All these options. :wink: It inspires a study & cataloging w/ preservation. - Wait a minute. Are you on PS4, too? - Thereā€™s bound to be a solution for consoles, they just probably havenā€™t figured it out yet.

Coodinates are key, but theyā€™re just so hard to come by, and they change with every update.

Seeds are clean and efficient, and generally quite predictable, but donā€™t work with consoles.

Ships arenā€™t so bad. Find a trading post and just wait. But multi-tools (at least as of v1.5) require so much running around. Hello Games, consider this my request that you simplify that process, pleaseā€¦ somehow.

1 Like

New creative mode save observationā€¦

First system (Vyā€™keen), first space station. Went into the tech side backroom.
2 Vyā€™keen and a Gek were hanging out.
If I spoke to the Vyā€™keen on the left first, he offered a 5-slot multi-tool.
If I spoke to him last, he offered a 22-slot.
Reloaded several times without taking the trade, got the same result.

EDIT: was 22-slot, not 17

4 Likes

Very interesting, I wonder what makes him switch between the two, just a conversation between another vyā€™keen or any alien conversation? Did it work speaking to the Gek and him only?

1 Like

Same thing if I spoke to the Gek first, he offered the 22 slot.

2 Likes

Just got to my first outpostā€¦

I went to the multi-tool box first, it was a 5-slot.
When I talked to Vyā€™keen first, it changed to 17-slotā€¦ however, after reloading saves this time, I never saw the 5-slot again no matter what I did. :thinking:

2 Likes

Very odd, looks like there are more nuances to the multitools with next.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™m going to keep checking conversation order and see if thereā€™s any consistency.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll have to wait on RayRod, heā€™s got plans :wink:

2 Likes