Multi-Tools đŸ”«

I don’t know how the game calculates the multitool’s damage potential but each single shot from my plasma launcher does some 4500 damage
yet my multitool’s damage potential is calculated at 2252.4
what?

3 Likes

Yeah Ive never put much stock in that number either. Before next the boltcaster was my only offensive weapon. The numbers were low but it killed.

3 Likes

Seeds are only used for the model, not the name, as they are randomly added depending on class.

1 Like

The multitool isn’t impressive, but look at that name!

The
Abyss!

8 Likes

@SingularGleam That name is good, but it doesn’t hold a candle to @dersvr’s Multitool name!

4 Likes

Love the name of your Multitool!
“PewPewPew”

:joy::clap:

5 Likes

My search for a proper multi tool has begun, I’ll post neat ones I find on the way. My goal is an experimental, unless I see a fantastic alien multitool that is :smiley:

7 Likes

Found a 24 slot A-class experimental for just shy of 6 mil yesterday. I have the money (just about, I won’t have any afterwards), but I’ll need a few more nanite clusters to outfit the thing decently when I get it. The same station is carrying S and A class upgrades for the scatter blaster
 :smirk:
That must be some gun-nerd of a Gek running that shop.

4 Likes

Kind of reminded me of the Needler

12 Likes

I found a purple one with pink crystals very early on at launch. I miss my needler :cry:

3 Likes

AHHHH! The multitools for sale aren’t persistent anymore! Iwas saving up for the one I mentioned above, and when I got back to the station, it looks like somebody already bought it.
Oh well
 guess I’m going to check those vendors more regularly, then.

1 Like

I hide the guns I plan on buying behind ugly ones nobody would ever pick up :wink:

2 Likes

They operate the same as the outpost multitools. When you enter a system you are seeing the systems selection of multitools at the outposts. When you save on planet and reload you are seeing that planets selection of multitools.

You can use this to see the multitool selection of barren planets. Land on an empty planet, save then reload. Now go to another planet in the same system, find an outpost (or a few) to try and see the various multitools from that empty planet. As long as you don’t reload you will be on that empty planets multitool selection.

What happened to yours was either you saw it when you first entered and then reloaded or continued from a save on a planet; or you landed on a planet and continued from there later and saw the tool from the planets selection on the station.

Also, the location determines the class. If you find an S class at the station or anomaly (which shares the systems selection) or an outpost -that will always reward an S class for every other planets selection you use. If it’s available in S in that system that is, if not it will be the highest available.

I’m terrible at explaining things, let me know if this was clear enough or just confusing.

3 Likes

I tried a reload at the space station, and the one I wanted was still gone.
So what you’re saying is I should find it in an outpost in that system, right?

Too bad I already spent the money on a decent frigate, but money can be replaced :smile:

That tells me it was from a planets table of multi tools. I would visit w/e planet you went to in that system, save and reload on it - and then check the station again.

2 Likes

I think you’re on to it @SingularGleam.
:gun: Let’s now see it work for @Jedidia.

Hi Devlin. :hugs: My reply

Hey @SaraStarwind, I could kick myself for not grabbing that code. I know you’re probably not the least bit interested in these, but well here you go anyway
 I have to at least know I tried
 àŒŒ ぀ ◕_◕ àŒœă€

Seed: 0x0000000000000013 - Enjoy!

1 Like

Seed: 0x0000000000000003 - Enjoy!

1 Like

Also, I do recall an old rustic in the woodcellar. Got a mauve and charcoal Regular Rifle with bones

Seed: 0xB1598FA425F34F71 - Enjoy!

3 Likes