Monolith without activation stone

Not sure this is a bug, maybe something just changed in the way monoliths are handled? In any case, I just found one that had no activation stone. Nothing. Literally just a slab of ominous rock with a few knowledge stones around it. Dug the foundations out completely just to make sure it wasn’t burried somewhere.
Kinda felt like standing at a portal back in the days. “Well, this looks important! Uhhhh… what do I do?” :laughing:

Anybody else encountered this? Has anybody found monoliths outside of story quests that have their activation stones?

5 Likes

Huh, Ok, I realised that the activation area is still there, it’s just not visible anymore. But I could activate the monolith by activating the place where the stone used to be.

6 Likes

I noticed the interaction area being actually on the Monolith. The only ones I have encountered so far have been in the story line. I don’t think any of those have been the smaller ones.

5 Likes

Yes, also, I recently found one that did have a stone, but the activation spot was on the monolith itself.

5 Likes

I’ve happened upon several stones the don’t show the familiar ‘e’ on them when you get close. I’ve just been pointing at them anyway and pressing ‘e’ - seems to work.

5 Likes

It’s been that way since the introduction of NEXT. Some monoliths don’t have a defined interaction structure - but you can still interact with them anyway. They also have fewer knowledge stones. It used to be four, but now it’s three.

4 Likes

Huh, I never noticed. But Monoliths were never anywhere near the top half of my priority list.

3 Likes