Melody of the egg : new arc?

It’s a trap. You are going to place these all over you base, they are going to sing to you. Then they hatch and eat all the wiring. :wink:

8 Likes

That just means it’s an inventory item like fireworks. You can buy more than one.

7 Likes

I just made a video speculating about all this:

7 Likes

Given the timing, it seems a bit unlikely that the whole thing will just be an easter special, unless they really want to make us suffer… But I’m not yet convinced that it is actually part of “the story”, especially since you can buy multiple of them… Might be ingredients for some new feature they’re planning to release soonish, and that will somehow lead to some actual story progression, but I’m not seeing clearly yet…

6 Likes

…or a giant Easter egg hunt… :egg: :egg: :egg:

4 Likes

Ain’t no Vorlons here, traveler!

5 Likes

The Vorlon is clearly wearing an EGGxosuit, so it’s fine, he’s on topic!!

7 Likes

Oh no, what if it IS an ingredient?! I don’t want to have a space whale omelette!

5 Likes

Yeah, but that would mean they intend to keep us busy with it for, like, 2 months? That would seem a bit drawn out.

4 Likes

New community goal - collect 1 million eggs and feed to the Abyss

7 Likes

I made a video speculating about all this:

2 Likes

A pet to carry with us…this egg mystery is reminding me of Home Ec in school. Everyone got an egg (in the days before the crying baby doll) and they had to care for it without breaking it. They would dress up their babies and carry them in little baskets.

Oh and @MacForADay, you almost got the info on the egg. The pic is there but the info is for the jetpack trail. Someone might want to investigate this further.

5 Likes
Void Egg details

The price will be 3200 QS. It is a ‘legal common exotic curiosity’. It is not a ‘cooking ingredient’, can not be consumed, nor crafted, nor sold.

8 Likes

Hmmmm…so that does not leave many options. Obviously, we are not going to wear it either. @MacForADay may be correct. Interesting that it is ‘legal’… :smile: I still say it will lead to a huge easter egg hunt… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Remember the abandoned building lore?

‘One day, your voice will speak to you, telling you of some fate, some signal that needs answering. It will tell you of some secret at the heart of reality, some puzzle that needs to be solved lest all life falls into decay and oblivion.’

‘Do not listen to it.’

‘If all the world is a lie, then nothing is true, not even their explanation.’

‘Abandon it. Abandon me. It is inevitable.’

See here for full texts:

Hmmm … do we really want those eggs?

7 Likes

You want to know what I think?

I think the eventual discovery of the void egg will lead to a whole new series of 12 missions.

And each of these missions will give a single clue.

And all 12 clues, put together, will lead us to a portal address.

And the portal address will lead us to a planet, with another egg. An odd egg.

And the odd egg will lead us to the new update.

But, you know, I’m probably wrong. What do I know?

11 Likes

Well your guess certainly follows the pattern of lore updates right from the beginning. In the beginning you follow the lore to the next galaxy where you start over from scratch and then do it all again…

The lore in this game goes in circles or spirals never fully satisfying, yet pulling you in over and over. The Lore in this game skirts an endless event horizon until we all get sucked through into the black hole.

Lots of people seem to enjoy that sort of thing. :joy:

4 Likes

void egg
from the catalogue

4 Likes

It’s tapping and singing… :anguished: Don’t use the egg as cooking ingredient! :cold_sweat: it’s beyond the best-before date!

Sounds like it makes noises like when you hear someone in the morning rattling in the bathroom, faintly singing “la la laa”, through the closed door… :laughing:

5 Likes

So what it’s going to give me is… pee.

4 Likes