Melody of the egg : new arc?

Goes well with Faecium I guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

What if we are given the ability to hatch desired species at our base?

4 Likes

3 Likes

That would be a fun feature. I wonder whether we can influence what exactly will hatch?

Having the pet follow us would probably be asking too much – Space stations and the Anomaly and landing pads would be full of dinosaurs. Finding a landing spot is hard enough already!

4 Likes

I think the void egg is probably a route to something more complex. But who knows?

3 Likes

3 Likes
13 Likes

Wow! @DevilinPixy and @Polyphemus are now famous! :smiley: Way to go CSD!

10 Likes

Though I think wild goose chase is a bit misleading, as even the article acknowledges this is likely the correct interpretation of the data mining

6 Likes

I think the term was used more as a pun since geese lay eggs.

7 Likes

It for sure was a pun, just not the best they could have gone with in my opinion. Eggstatic Players chase clues?
Are NMS players cracking up? Etc

6 Likes

Well, if we end up being correct, it could be we found the goose that lays the golden egg. :smiley:

7 Likes

From the article:

Interestingly, a certain HelloGamesP discovered one of the planets in the system called Erptrith Raya on Jan. 20. Based on this, the community is reasonably sure they’ve found the right place.

I am certain it is the right location and I wonder if they went through this full topic on our forum, as I have confirmed it. They apparently do not mention the Abandoned Building location having been found as well (coordinates are in the source files).

I am happy to see how our forum gets attention and has been sourced several times in the article.

Wild Goose Chase

Not at all … the files are pretty clear as to what is needed and what will happen in which order. Main reason why cheating in the Void Egg, as many have done, will not do anything, as it needs to be unlocked first.

The most interesting part however, is what happens after all this! A shame though, as exactly that appears to still require being implemented … So that’s what most of the speculation is all about.

10 Likes

Tapping? Singing?
(Flashback to “Alien’s” eggs)
(whimper)

5 Likes

Ummmm…so now this egg really has me worried… :scream:

5 Likes

Interesting read. There are similarities in the egg from the original Alien and the in-game egg such as the leathery texture. Additionally, the “hero story egg” file name might be telling us more than we think. In Aliens, the only egg prop that was functional was called the “Hero Egg”. Could just be coincidence, ofcourse. But the similarities…

6 Likes

All special items from the shop have two image files. One for the default/background image and one for the item itself. The filenames for all these items are distinguished with the HERO and SPECIAL prefixes. This is not specific to the ‘Void Egg’.

10 Likes

By the way, as posted before, we do have 2 eggs, of which the MYSTEREGG currently shows in the QS Shop. The STORYEGG has either been a placeholder, or is going to become available in the shop as well at some point.

7 Likes

The percentage keeps going up. My guess is it’s like a community challenge. So round up as many eggs as you can get ya hands on!

9 Likes

“Hero prop” is a movie art production term. It refers to special higher-detailed/functioning props used for important shots like closeups (vs. common “stunt” props). Dunno if that’s connected to the way HG uses it though (as @DevilinPixy mentions).

9 Likes